Alpine head unit with ipod and bluetooth with pics

Zazur

As some posts recently have been about head units with ipod use from the head unit and bluetooth operation connection I have taken some pics of mine.

Sorry some of the pics are not great :thumbdown:

Alpine IDA-X305 head unit connected to orginal Bose amp

Parrot KCE-400BT bluetooth unit.

STA60410.jpg

STA60415.jpg

Ipod fitted into large storage space behind passenger seat.

STA60414.jpg

STA60437.jpg

In Ipod mode

STA60435.jpg

STA60432.jpg

STA60283.jpg

Bluetooth phone mode

STA60430.jpg

STA60284.jpg

Hi I'm waiting for the new Alpine iXA-W404 to come out in may. I have the Alpine IDA-001 that was fitted in my Golf but I just think a double din unit would look better than a single unit,

I know you can choose blue or red display how does that look like with the amber lights on the dash?

You say you have kept standard speakers and amp how does it sound does the Alpine head drive the sub volume.

did you get the harness to use steering wheel functions.

Sorry for all the questions but I've been thinking of doing this change for ages. Any tips

Thanks Dave :console:

Hi I'm waiting for the new Alpine iXA-W404 to come out in may. I have the Alpine IDA-001 that was fitted in my Golf but I just think a double din unit would look better than a single unit,

I know you can choose blue or red display how does that look like with the amber lights on the dash?

You say you have kept standard speakers and amp how does it sound does the Alpine head drive the sub volume.

did you get the harness to use steering wheel functions.

Sorry for all the questions but I've been thinking of doing this change for ages. Any tips

Thanks Dave :console:

Hi Dave,

The red display on my unit is very red and I don't think it goes well with the amber dashboard so I prefer blue.

Yes the Alpine does drive the sub volume but not quite as bassy on all the tracks but most are fine, the sound is good.

No I did not get the harness for the steering wheel controls, the dealer I got the gear from said he had put them into a few other vehicles and had not been without issues, also i don't have the wheel with the controls on but was looking to change it but now I won't bother.

If you don't want to use the Nissan amp then Alpine do a head unit power pack KTP-445 (4x100w max).

Any other questions feel free to ask.

Hope that helps.

Is it easy to navigate to Ipod tracks from the head unit? I have a Kenwood unit and the interface is so counter-intuitive that its amazing I'm not embedded in the back of a lorry by now.... :dry:

I Digsy,

Yes the navigation on this unit is very easy, it's all done with the return arrow button on the left of the big silver dial and then you scroll up and down the menu's with the silver dial on the head screen and when you find what you want you then just push the silver dial to select. The other 4 blue long buttons around the silver dial are the only other buttons I have used ie. to answer phone, adjust left/right/bass etc and radio channel select. This unit is very easy and user friendly to use and should help to keep you out of the back of lorries :thumbs:

Is it easy to navigate to Ipod tracks from the head unit? I have a Kenwood unit and the interface is so counter-intuitive that its amazing I'm not embedded in the back of a lorry by now.... :dry:

I Digsy,

Yes the navigation on this unit is very easy, it's all done with the return arrow button on the left of the big silver dial and then you scroll up and down the menu's with the silver dial on the head screen and when you find what you want you then just push the silver dial to select. The other 4 blue long buttons around the silver dial are the only other buttons I have used ie. to answer phone, adjust left/right/bass etc and radio channel select. This unit is very easy and user friendly to use and should help to keep you out of the back of lorries :thumbs:

Good man! :)

Fitted mine today, very nice piece of kit indeed! My install doesn't look quite as neat as yours though as the MY06 DIN adaptor forces the HU to sit a lot further back in the console, but it's not so bad that I can't live with it. Besides, I wanted it for what it could do rather than how it looked and the iPod control is flawless.

Just for note as well, if connecting to Bose sub + speakers you DO NOT need a line booster, as the volume is well within normal limits. Might save someone else buying a line booster unnecessarily :bang::lol:

It's a bit iffy atm as I need to delve into the sound setup on the HU a bit more, as right now I've got loads of bass at low volume but it gets drowned out at high volume by the treble, just a minor issue that will sort itself out once I start fiddling. The sub isn't quite there yet as it was with the Bose in due to this (well, it's fine on some songs but not on others), but when it is right it's perfect and I have no doubt that a bit of fine tuning will give me everything I need. The sounds quality has improved greatly too, as you can really hear the subtleties of the music that got lost in the Bose.

You're very right, it wasn't helping matters at all!

Played with it a bit more this afternoon, turned Loudness off, Defeat on, and adjusted the bass and treble frequencies as well as the crossover point. Needs a good test at speed with the roof down, but so far I've got a far better quality sound without sacrificing volume at all. Thanks for the hint bud, really did make a huge difference.