stage 1

Eraserhead

Hi need some info on this being new to the zed, is it possibe to do a simple stage 1 upgrade ie doing the exhaust, cai, remap the ecu etc, and if so can anybody recommend someone to do this close to me in the north west, after owning a twin turbo car for 7 years i need a little bit more from the engine but dont want to go down the high modding game again :stretcher:

thanks in advance

pete

Hi need some info on this being new to the zed, is it possibe to do a simple stage 1 upgrade ie doing the exhaust, cai, remap the ecu etc, and if so can anybody recommend someone to do this close to me in the north west, after owning a twin turbo car for 7 years i need a little bit more from the engine but dont want to go down the high modding game again :stretcher:

thanks in advance

pete

What did you have Pete?

thanks in advance

pete

What did you have Pete?

Hi Martin it was a mitsubishi gto it was a beauty, a blue mk1, carbon bonnet, bomex kit etc, it was well modded the engine developed a smoke problem though and that was the last straw, it got sold to a member of the gtouk club im in, so im glad it is staying in that club, the zed ive bought is a belter its a uk gt 04 in gunmetal grey totaly standard, well not for long :D ive got plans to kit it etc but want to keep the engine mods to a minimum :scare:

pete

OK, nice motors..

COnvention on UK zed's is that any mods get cancelled out by the ECU learning and correcting.

People tend to do CAI, (AEM.JWT.etc) , Plenum Spacers (Smooths midrange) and Exhaust mostly for pleasant noises.

RS Tuning apprently are just about to be able to flash the ECU I think, there will be a long queue if they prove that they can

I think they are in Leeds.

As Martin has alreay pointed out, the ECU in the Zed is very complex and does its best not to allow you to get any gains from mods. Not at all like on turbo cars. As such there is no equivelent to a Stage 1 tune at the moment as the only remap you can get done is an expensive piggy back or replacement ECU which is quite an investement. Hopefully RS Tuning can put an end to this and allow ECU flash via OBD port soon and as Martin says there will be quite a long queue ;)