buying a damaged/repaired car ?

cerealuk

Just spotted this on fleabay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260396117625

exactly what i was after apart from not having alezan seats, which i think i could live with

I have 2 concerns though, firstly he states that there was damage to the front bumper / passengers light and window... trying to work out what kind of scenario would cause this.. seems an odd combo of damage if there was no passenger wing damage or damage to the door or bonnet. (have emailed to ask this).

Also it seems that (unless hes just missed it off the listing) he doesnt have an OEM bumper.. any idea of cost ?

Should I avoid this or worth considering ? :)

cheers!

aye its a horrible kit, but plan would be to turn it back to OEM (aparently he has the bits apart from the front bumper which id have to buy) then id sell the kit seperately to whoever is blind enough to buy it :)

Why?

It's not THAT cheap. You are left with a car that is a Damge repaired (might be difficult to sell) and a crap kit that you might well not be able to sell.....

How much u looking to spend anyway mate?

No more than £11k, minimum requirement a 2004 04plate black GT (preferably with alezan), <40k miles.

I know its gonna be tight but with the market how it is I'm sure its doable, Ive seen loads of silver/gunmetal ones for <£10k matching my critera but no black :(

How much u looking to spend anyway mate?

No more than £11k, minimum requirement a 2004 04plate black GT (preferably with alezan), <40k miles.

I know its gonna be tight but with the market how it is I'm sure its doable, Ive seen loads of silver/gunmetal ones for <£10k matching my critera but no black :(

Might be tight m8, good luck tho, its defo a buyers market

Christ i think thats a bloody awesome deal as it is. I wish i just waited a year as i would prob would have been able to get an 06 or 07 for what i payed at the time

Christ i think thats a bloody awesome deal as it is. I wish i just waited a year as i would prob would have been able to get an 06 or 07 for what i payed at the time

yup it is, Im just on a tight budget unfortunately else id have it in a heartbeat!

going to phone him tomorrow

just noticed though, the seats dont look like they are leather ? or is it just the way the photo has been taken ?

No, they don't look like leather.

Still looks like a good buy though. :thumbs: