Very interesting video

rickya

not a bad find but done teh rounds a while now - good to see again though

interesting points though is the evo missed 2nd twice - was this car or driver, prob driver and would it have had a differetn result?

350z tt is 1.5 litres of combustion capacity up on the evo, the evo was pretty bog standard

it would be a case of comparing the Z out of the box to an M3

LOL.

Whats an M3 cost again? (Once you've added the "extras" to an M3 that come as standard on a GT Z) £43K?

and a standard 350Z GT coupe? £29K thats £14k or almost 50% more.

If I spent £14k more than I did on a 350Z, Id expect something quicker too.

Perhaps M3's should be compared to other cars in their "league". Perhaps a Cayman for starters?

It makes me chuckle when M3's are compared to 350Z's in order for the M3's to "prove" what a superior car they are.

Are M3's compared to the likes of the 350Z in order to try and convince the M3 owners that the car is actually worth the money they have just parted with. Do BMW advise owners not to compare it to something of a similar price and class, as they may be dissapointed?

Dont get me wrong, the M3 is a very nice car, and its nice that people actually consider the 350Z worthy of comparison, but for the money, can anyone suggest how an M3 would stak up against a 350Z with an extra £14k thrown at it?

no my point was that both the standard 350 and the Evo cost close to teh same

this film then shows how a heaviliy modified 350z compares to a standard evo 8.

My point was saying that is like comparing both the 350z and M3 together, both in standard trim as the cost difference accounts for the performance gains of the M3

oops after writing this i just noticed m3 vs 350z videos I'll watch them. Put it this way and I dont care what anyone says, I've managed to not lose respect with quite a few m3 owners and non turbo 911 owners and considering my car costs so much less (even though they are both ultimately faster) it kind of shuts them up when its so hard to lose me :)

LOL.

If I spent £14k more than I did on a 350Z, Id expect something quicker too.

Dont get me wrong, the M3 is a very nice car, and its nice that people actually consider the 350Z worthy of comparison, but for the money, can anyone suggest how an M3 would stak up against a 350Z with an extra £14k thrown at it?

Fully agree with your points above. That is one of the reasons I am now hoping to buy a 350z. It makes more sense for me financially & also IMO looks better than the current E46 M3.

The E46 is starting to look a bit dated now.

I seriously looked at a 12-18 month old M3 convertible, and they are a very nice car, and great to drive - but to be honest, they are starting to be a bit "common".

Sure they are an expensive motor, but I can count three on our estate, and in any given day can spot at least half a dozen. And its not as if I live in some rich city area either - Im in Chesterfield, Derbyshire!

One of the main reasons I chose the Z was for its "exclusivity". Its not as expensive as some marques, but it seems to be a whole lot less common. Ive already spotted the same ammount of Porsche Caymans in Chesterfield as I have Z's.