has anyone used stonechip protection film?

sprevett

I have noticed how easily the Z gets stonechipped - especially around the front lower apron - but films seem horribly expensive - has anyone used this type of protection? Is a barrier method better than just the rhythm method... :teeth: you know, just backing off a bit..?

A fair few have got the protective film on and swear by it. I think M13KYF has it on his....

sadly no I haven't. At over £400 to do the front bumper, I think its a tad expensive but if you can afford it a worthwile option. We do have forum discount with the guys at paintshield who have always come highly recommend. One of the reason I have a carbon fibre lip fitted to cover and prevent some of the stone chips under the grill

Hey,

I have got this stuff, it came on the car from new and I think personally it had pro's and con's. Like everything!!! I have noticed that by my number plate the film is lifting slightly so there is always that problem to contend with. On the plus side it is definitely doing its job as I would have lots of stone chips if I had not got it especially in the places you have mentioned.

If you do get it watch for residue from normal polishes, you could end up with a white line around the seams.

:thumbs: