Wales convoy from the South

H5

I am looking at heading up on Saturday morning (depending the finalised time for the start of the run so could be Friday pm if enough are going) and would be good to get a group together to make the journey.

I'm heading ffrom sunny Berkshire so can be fairly flexible on the route. Stick your name down, the day you'd prefer to travel and area from and we'll sort something out :thumbs:

1. H5 - Sat - Berks

Hi Rob Chris mentioned that coming from Chichester it might be a more direct route for me to go up with you guys.....its all very confusing. :wacko:

Where in Berkshire are you going from?? It might make it easier for me to work out how long it will take me to get to you verses Castle Combe convoy?

Geography + me = :blush:

Hi Jenna, we haven't decided where we will meet yet, and it doesn't have to be that we meet in Berks. If you're coming up from Chichester we have a choice - either meet near the M25 and go up the M40, or meet further along the M4 and go up to the M40 from Maidenhead.

If M350ZB is joining us then either of those should work. Both make more sense than driving towards Castle Combe!

Which way would you head up from Chichester? :)

Hi Jenna, we haven't decided where we will meet yet, and it doesn't have to be that we meet in Berks. If you're coming up from Chichester we have a choice - either meet near the M25 and go up the M40, or meet further along the M4 and go up to the M40 from Maidenhead.

If M350ZB is joining us then either of those should work. Both make more sense than driving towards Castle Combe!

I'd probably be coming from M27-M3 (heading towards basingstoke/Winchester)- I could pick up M4 near reading?

I'd probably be coming from M27-M3 (heading towards basingstoke/Winchester)- I could pick up M4 near reading?

That could work well, if you get to the Bracknell or Hook turn offs and head towards Wokingham / Bracknell then you're not diverting too much away from a direct route. M4 near Reading / Wokingham / Maidenhead (Junctions 11 / 10 / 8/9), any of those would work :)

How many times?? WHERE WE ARE MEETING IS NOT FINAL! I am trying to get TOTAL numbers of people heading from the south to see if we can get as many cars together for a convoy up! :bang:

What is the M40 convoy you're referring to Adrian?

This one! I know the meet point isnt final, i was just suggesting that we could all meet somewhwere part way, but make our own (or small groups) way there in a direct route!

This one! I know the meet point isnt final, i was just suggesting that we could all meet somewhwere part way, but make our own (or small groups) way there in a direct route!

And it means Jenna gets to do the A339 from Alton to Basingstoke :drive1

I think for the convoy to work (sorry butting in, I know I'm not part of it) you will need to have a rough route and then set services on the route to meet. That way people can make their own way to the services (or mini convoys) and pick up the main convoy. That way you can work out what time people need to be at each stop :thumbs:

That is a fair bit off, Jenna i live in newbury, you could drive through basingstoke to newbury, meet me there and we can join up with the M40 convoy at the sevices just opast oxford, saves about 20-30 extra miles.

That sounds like a plan depending on the where the meeting points end up being!! Watch this space I guess :thumbs:

1. H5 - Sat - Berks

2. M350ZB - Sat - Essex

3. AdrianK - Sat - Newbury

4. Jenna - Sat - Chichester

5. Martin W - Sat - Woking

Is there any clearer info of whose meeting who and where?? Posts are appearing in different places about this convoy so just wanted an update so I don't get left behind!! :thumbs:

1. H5 - Sat - Berks

2. M350ZB - Sat - Essex

3. AdrianK - Sat - Newbury

4. Jenna - Sat - Chichester

5. Martin W - Sat - Woking

Is there any clearer info of whose meeting who and where?? Posts are appearing in different places about this convoy so just wanted an update so I don't get left behind!! :thumbs:

I'd suggest just watching this topic Jenna. We'll all keep you in touch. :thumbs:

Not sure if ther'll be much activity tomite, as Adrian and H5 are at a Reading meet I think

I'm trying to get Bulletmagnet to join us near B'ham at the mo.

So any of the essex/thurrock/bluewater lot up for the convoy ? ? ?

what time you guys thinking of setting off?

Do you intend to do the Saturday drive too?

Hi BulletMagnet,what day you going up, you going sat and sun?

So any of the essex/thurrock/bluewater lot up for the convoy ? ? ?

what time you guys thinking of setting off?

Do you intend to do the Saturday drive too?

Rob was talking 7:30

Its about 2 hours to Birmingham