Steering Wheel Help...

MrLizard

Ok, so i dont have any pictures of it so ill take some later, i was just wondering if anyone had come across the same issue.

I have fitted a 350z specific - Momo Boss / Group N lifeline quick release / momo wheel onto the zed, all fia approved etc, no horn yet but im working on that :(

When i set off in the morning i have to turn the wheel from side to side and then the brakes lock up and the ESP Off light comes on as well as the TC light, driving with both these off doesnt bother me as i drive with them off most of the time, however it would suggest i have done something wrong with the boss...

I have lined up the hole in the back with the plastic white connector for all the steering controls and the plate which this is on, it is locked into the boss and spins with it, could i have got the boss one peg out on the steering column? surely that wouldnt cause this... or have I not connected something properly...?

Thanks bud that is exactly the same problem i have, however im unsure what he means, ill try some adjustment and see if i can get it back to where it was, i did end up spinning.... in fact in writing this sentance ive worked out what he means now, ok yep ill sort it, cheers :lol:

got some strange looks walking into work with a steering wheel in my hand today :)

Thanks bud that is exactly the same problem i have, however im unsure what he means, ill try some adjustment and see if i can get it back to where it was, i did end up spinning.... in fact in writing this sentance ive worked out what he means now, ok yep ill sort it, cheers :lol:

got some strange looks walking into work with a steering wheel in my hand today :)

makes a change from your handbag eh! :teeth:

Seem like you've already got it sorted, but basically theres a sensor in the "spinny bit" of the steering wheel column/hub (I think its grey - but you already seem to have found it as you said you spun it :doh: ), which you have to keep in place. If you spin it around, it confuses the ABS and TC. Get it back to the right place and all will be well again :)

Oh and :worthless: