All Nippon final race report - Snetterton

DixcelBrake

All Nippon Challenge Race 1 and 2 report –

After a depressing year with engine reliability problem with the B20 engine, Hybrid racing and DMF Performance who willing to Sponsor us a K20 engine with the full conversion kit approached us. During this winter break we understand as a private team we do need a fully equipped workshop to take my car to the next level so in January 2009 I have finally decided to open up my own race team, found a new workshop within 3 weeks, so after 6 years of racing and trading with high performance car parts, Dixon Motorsports was finally official up and running in February 2009.

Since now we have a fully equipment professional running race team, racing is now official part of our business, In the winter break we managed to find another few more sponsors to support our racing in 2009.

We built our car from the scratch again from new paint work, engine, roll cage, chassis upgrade with full K20 conversion, we started our new project in mid February and car was done within 2 weeks time, with our new engine from DMF performance fitted and mapped by Artech tuning. The engine was pushing 242bhp and after a testing session at Brands hatch we were all happy with the new car.

So finally the first race event is up, we got to the track on Friday afternoon with everything setup on the track and we settle down for the night ready for the battle on Saturday.

Saturday –

Qualify –

With the new regulation we are only allow to run either Toyo R888 or Silverstone tyres for this season, unfortunately only Toyo have available size for our need so we have no option but went for Toyo for this season, we have never race with R888 in the pass 5 years of racing, this is our first time to race with this new tyres and the grip level was completely different to what we had before so I have learn how to drive this car all over again.

We managed only 1 mins 24 in qualify which was about 3 second slower than what we did with our old engine, pretty disspointed but we still qualified 7th in the overall class and 2nd in our GT250 class.

Race 1 –

Had a pretty good start and a good fight with the ex-touring car Honda Accord, after 5 laps of good battle I finally able to outbrake him under the bridge at the back straight and got up to 2nd position in my class and 4th overall and I finally managed to understand the grip level from the tyres more , best laps we had in the first race – 1 mins 22 secs so we gain 2 secs from the morning qualify session.

Race 2 –

Had a good start again, got pull away from the Accord and managed to stay in 2nd for the rest of the race, seeing Kris was only 4-5 secs in front of me but my car was suffering understeer from the R888 tyres so at the end we finished in 2nd and overall 4th in the class.

Not a bad start this season with no mechanical problem at all during the whole race weekend. After the first race, we understand how competitive our car could be and we will keep develop our car better for the next race at Pembrey.

Special thanks to the following, without their help we will never be able to make it to the first race with a competitive car –

Camskill - tyre support

Opie oils – engine oil, gearoil, brake oil

Dixcel brake, for our full carbon disk and pad

DMF performance – K20 engine

Hybrid racing – full K swap conversion kit

HEL – Brake hose

Carbonetic – carbon 1.5 way clutch diff, twin plate clutch

DM Carbon – custom carbon diffuser, panel

Dyno Tech – Dyno tunning

Artech Tuning – for supply K pro ECU and mapping

Buddyclub - Wheels

Dixon Motorsports for the whole build and race car setup

Team support -

Japanese performance

Wincy Horological

Video and photos -

Thanks

Team Dixon Motorsports.

http://www.dmsracingltd.com

great video :thumbs:

what was the orange thing that flashed pass on the third lap on the home straight. Seemed rapid.

Oh that was a Suzuki Swift with 250bhp but car only weight 500kg :lol::lol:

explains it, looked a bit like a micra of youtube. Sure looked very swift!!!