Nokia cradle

MattMe

I bought a Bury phone cradle from eBay recently and I'm having no luck getting it to work with the buttons on the steering wheel at all so far. It's a standard Nokia E51 cradle but should be just the same as any other phone I guess. (And hope).

When I put my phone in the cradle it recognises it as a headset rather than a car kit but it says this on the lable on the front of the cradle so I guess that's right and when I press the 'call' button on the wheel it seems to recognise there's a phone attached to it as it says 'phone' on the the HU. But I don't seem to be getting any sound through it at all, not even if I make a call by using the phone it's self.

Am I missing something here??

I bought a Bury phone cradle from eBay recently and I'm having no luck getting it to work with the buttons on the steering wheel at all so far. It's a standard Nokia E51 cradle but should be just the same as any other phone I guess. (And hope).

When I put my phone in the cradle it recognises it as a headset rather than a car kit but it says this on the lable on the front of the cradle so I guess that's right and when I press the 'call' button on the wheel it seems to recognise there's a phone attached to it as it says 'phone' on the the HU. But I don't seem to be getting any sound through it at all, not even if I make a call by using the phone it's self.

Am I missing something here??

I take it that you are hooking up the cradle to a docking station ?

Ermmm.... I'm just putting the cradle into the standard Bury kit that comes in the car. The cradles are swappable by design. No docking station, I don't think :wacko:

Might send it back and get a bluetooth kit! Not wanting to do things the normal (read expensive) method though I've found other Bury Bluetooth adapters for a lot less than the ones specifically for the 350z. Anyone got any experience with using different Bluetooth adapters?

Cheers.

I've got an E51. The cradle is specific to the E51 phone so I wouldn't think it was that! I've tried 2 different phones, one with old standard firmware from a couple years ago and one with the newest version I could find.

I was thinking it might be to do with the controls on the wheel or the way it's integrated into the HU that's causing the problem. So I looked online :( found this:

"Please note that the Take and Talk cradles are not compatible with manufactures installed car kits [for example the VW, Nissan [most common 350z], Audi Mercedes] - If the hang up cup has been bolted to a metal bracket or attached to a Brodit clip then the installed car kit is not a manufactures install"

Any thoughts on why this might be? I was thinking about getting a Bury universal Bluetooth kit (has a cradle to hold the phone and a charging cable) but don't want to have the same problem with that.

:headhurt: