Tein Dampers not quite fitted...

pcw1982

After not being able to shut the bonnet using the instructions that it comes with I have tried to use the nut on the wing instead as per some previous threads but the damper body seems to be too long, can anyone point out what I'm doing wrong?

P1020027.jpg

P1020029.jpg

Thanks

Is the damper bottoming out completely?

I'd get down with a torch in the gap and close slowly to see what is hanging up. It could be that the swivel is not operating correctly or something.

Also, have you fitted it in the location the instructions suggest to see that it works there? Even if you aren't leaving them there it'll rule out a faulty unit.....

When I fit it in the right place it works fine but the bonnet doesn't shut properly as it hits the plastic covers for the brake fluid and battery. To get round this it has been recommended to move it to the other bolt as shown in my pic, however as the dampers are so stiff I can't close them at all by hand (not a wimp honest :p ) so can't fit it in that position either :surrender:

Don't take my word on this by any means and other will be able to confirm, but I thought you had to trim the plastic covers in certain places to get lifters to fit?? Sure there are other topics on this....

Don't take my word on this by any means and other will be able to confirm, but I thought you had to trim the plastic covers in certain places to get lifters to fit?? Sure there are other topics on this....

Andy, they can be fitted 2 ways... :) Mark/3FIDDYZ has also fitted them like the photo below...

62.jpg

Yep, so it might feel like you are puching the bonnet too high but your pictures show the difference I had with mine at first attempt. The other thing you can do is compress the damper (be careful!) so it shortens slightly as well. :)