Driver Training - Recommendations?

• 2 weeks later...

Depends on what kind of training you want. Personally, I'd save and and save and go to CAT. If you can inspire enough members here, they'll do a group day for 4-8 people, and then it works out closer to 300 quid. Not as nice as having Colin all to yourself, but the training is still 2nd to none.

If you want fast/safe road driving, then Cadence might be worth a look. This is the guy that trains the EVO mag drivers. Emphasis is very much on making safe, fast and smooth progress on the road, and it can be a bit proscriptive - do it like this, and no other way - whereas Colin at CAT tends to let you nurture your own style. Cadence also are one of the gatekeepers to the High Performance Club (google it), so if you fancy some of the benefits of membership, it might be the way to go.

I've done a group day with CAT in the skyline, and shared another day with my wife in the 350z. It's where I'll be spending my pesetas in future!

I've done CAT day myself and it is very good but if you want a lower budget, most good trackdays include free instruction if you want it and it's amazing how all you often need is half an hour with an instructor and then some time to practice and perfect what he has taught you!

If you want some more drastic (and fun) car control practice CLICK HERE! ;)

Steve H

TA-OL

Colin of CAT is unbeatable, definately worth saving up for. He is an excellent instructor and you

will benefit incredibly from a course with him. Look into sharing a day. Contact Jo and ask if she has

any shared day spaces available. I Know they are arranging a couple of days for 350 owners taking

place in about four weeks time.