advice on long term storage?

Azure06

Dear All,

much though i love my 2006 azure coupe, i must leave it for the next 6 months as i'm going to south america for work. boo hoo sob. this wrenches the heart like a father leaving his kids but living in buenos aires was too good to pass up. (plus i'd already ordered the Zed and it was too late to cancel!)

what are the best options for long term storage of the Zed? i have a garage and was toying with either letting the windows down a bit and disconnecting the battery and putting it all under a car cover or i could leave the key with someone and they can turn the engine over once in a while. (not sure i trust even my mother enough to do this and not "take it for a spin").

which is preferable? the dealership were not terribly knowledgeable on this sort of thing. i don't think they'd ever been asked it before.

fear not though as i've been getting my money's worth and using every one of it's 296 horses. :D in a month i'm on 3500 miles which has seen autobahn munching at the scary end of 150mph and also a jaunt down to monaco for the grand prix weekend :teeth: - if you haven't done the route napoleon then i highly recommend!

Best advice (I've heard) is to fill the petrol tank (to avoid petrol vapour expansion!)

Overinflate the tyres or put the car on axle stands (to avoid mishaping the tyres!)

Put moisture absorbers in the footwells and leave windows up.

And of course, a good car cover.

Anything else?