why can't the stock ecu be mapped in the uk?

wide

Guest prescience
Here is a free, guaranteed-to-work, modification which all N/A drivers can do and which will get and will continue to the best out of your mods and frankly I'm AMAZED no-one has picked upon it (with apologies to sentry65 in the States when he was N/A)

Reset your ECU every 2nd day or so

This works because it sets both long and short fuel trims to zero.

There is no reason not to, after all everyone turns their PC on and off every day :thumbs::thumbs:

This is NOT an April Fool's Joke either

How do I reset my ECU ? Not all of us are techies. I take the point that it is a bit of a pain, but if allows extra gains from 'extra air' mods then it sounds a good start. Could alwasy reset it just before a big run out and then just leave it to trim the rest of the time if I understand it correctly - which I'm doubting as this stuff is just so confusing. First thing I was told was replace the plenum or fit a spacer, others since have said this sometimes loses power !! Oh for a definitive answer once in a while. :wacko:

With the way * I believe * the ECU works (and the variation in air flow between different cylinders), there is a good argument to say why a spacer will produce better power whereas a freer-flowing exhaust or different intake won't (once the fuel trims have reached equilibrium that is)

Not really a long term fix though. I mean, if I were tracking my Zed, it wouldnt be very good if I had to pit every 3 laps to do an ECU reset.

Wouldnt it be easier to just do a manual (as apposed to fly by wire) accelerator cable like ZMANALEX?

He has a manual throttle cable? Interesting... B) More details would be great if you have them.

Manual throttle requires a full replacement aftermarket ECU. The stock ECU wouldnt know what to do with it!

Pffhh :dry: Always a catch.

I still run a stock ecu with the cable instead of fly by, with the help of a different larger throttle body and V pro. :thumbs:

Now I know where my butterfly is all the time :thumbs:

I'm sure before when it was mentioned, to remove FBW you needed an aftermarket ECU. Does the V Pro emulate the FBW throttle to the ECU? I would have thought it would get rather confused not having a throttle to control :blush:

I'm sure before when it was mentioned, to remove FBW you needed an aftermarket ECU. Does the V Pro emulate the FBW throttle to the ECU? I would have thought it would get rather confused not having a throttle to control :blush:

Seemingly it is fairly simple to map but I am led to believe that the vpro is the only system that can handle the removal of the FBW without other issues but mapping is not my forte so I leave that to others much more knowlegeable than myself. :lol:

Guess its still a piggy back ECU thought, so still not easyily done :)

For sure and not cheap either but I have had the vpro on for two years now as I knew that it had huge mapping and tuning potential. The only downside is the the lack of HKS authorised mappers in the U.K and an even bigger lack of tuners who know what they are doing. :surrender: