My new tool chest!

marzman

Sad i know, but i've always wanted one of these...

I've been keeping my eye open for a while for one, but i was at Halfords today and they're selling them at 40% off! So i bought the 3-drawer chest for £25, reduced from £42! Bargain!

Construction seems good, but obviously the draw runners are pretty cheap... its not one with the ball bearing runners. They're a bit too expensive :surrender:

Sat and cleaned out my 2 tool boxes tonight and put all my stuff in the new chest! Great fun!

Photo0766.jpg

Very nice chap. I have the same one but in the pro range (same but with BB runners). They are very useful, I'm now looking for more tools to fill mine with now though :blush:

A little hint for anyone that knows people that works in Halfords. When these thing get damaged, they sell them off to staff for next to nothing. Mine has a dent in it and for what was a £140 chest, I got it for £30 and only that high because I wasnt staff! :ninja:

Very nice chap. I have the same one but in the pro range (same but with BB runners). They are very useful, I'm now looking for more tools to fill mine with now though :blush:

A little hint for anyone that knows people that works in Halfords. When these thing get damaged, they sell them off to staff for next to nothing. Mine has a dent in it and for what was a £140 chest, I got it for £30 and only that high because I wasnt staff! :ninja:

May be super cheap for staff cus they get 10% discount.

Plus goods written off as FAGO (Faulty - I can't remember what it stands for) are only able to be A.sold to staff, B.Thrown away, or C. Returned to HQ

It's to do with it being illegal to sell faulty goods under the normal Halfords regulations or something.

I worked at Halfords for 6 years on Audio/Styling and we'd get stuff returned by customers that we HAD to throw out and write off even though they were perfectly salvageable! :scare:

Worst I saw was a special order Kenwood head unit worth 400quid that had a dodgy display. - Because it wasn't normal stock when returned we had to throw it out AND smash it up to make sure no-one had it out of the skips out back! Was very painful.... :byebye:

I worked at Halfords for 6 years on Audio/Styling and we'd get stuff returned by customers that we HAD to throw out and write off even though they were perfectly salvageable! :scare:

Worst I saw was a special order Kenwood head unit worth 400quid that had a dodgy display. - Because it wasn't normal stock when returned we had to throw it out AND smash it up to make sure no-one had it out of the skips out back! Was very painful.... :byebye:

I think you are the first honest Halfords employee I have heard off. At my local, they chuck it in the skip and salvage it later ;) No point wasting it! :dry:

I think you are the first honest Halfords employee I have heard off. At my local, they chuck it in the skip and salvage it later ;) No point wasting it! :dry:

Haha, probably.

The supervisors used to watch us to make sure we smashed the stuff up properly cus a few guys had been fired for half-inching the stuff out of the skip.

Every swing of that hammer used to bring tears to my eyes.... :cry: