AIRBAG FRIENDLY SEAT COVERS?

givememorepower

I've only been able to find these at Halfords but not too keen on the designs.

Any suggestions please.

Also anyone know if the passenger airbag can be turned off??

What are you trying to achieve?

The passenger air bag can be disabled with a resistor in the socket that attaches to the airbag. You disconnect the battery, disconnect the air bag and jam in the resistor. I think its a 2.2ohm jobbie. Search on here or my350z should give the exact details.

If you are after a new look for your seats then I have a pair of leather OEM ones up for grabs in about a month. Will need retrimming, but could be a good move ;)

I wanted to know if I could turn the bag off to place a child seat on the car in the near future possibly :teeth:

The seat cover is purely to keep the cloth clean when I get in muddy from mountain biking, but didn't want the worst to happen and affect my airbags deploying.

Also I'm a veggie so leather wouldn't be what I'm after cheers. :band:

If you have a child in the car you will have to disable the dash airbag too. Silimar process, though I havent heard of anyone doing it in the UK. In the US you can buy/request a switch to do it, but in the UK its not an option. I think the reisitor trick works with the dash though. Defiantely works for the seat :)