EPS Off and slip lights illuminated on dash, help!

Muddy

I've just reversed the car out of the garage and the EPS off and Slip lights have stayed illuminated on the dash.

Turning the ignition back on and off again, resets them. But if I drive off again, they come back.

Iv'e tried a search on here and on My350z, but got no real results.

I've fitted a steering wheel and some pedals to the car since the last drive out, so can't think of the life of me what the problem is!

Is there a reset for this?

Nothing is coming up on an OBDII scan - no engine error codes!

Anybody any ideas?

Iv'e got a big drive up to the North East on Thursday, don't want to have any problems for the drive.

Any help is much appreciated?

Muddy

(Nothing has gone right with this show car build :( )

I've just been out in the car around the block.

The lights come on about 5 seconds after setting off, It looks like although it is v.fast that the slip light flashes then both lights come on. Car goes sluggish at same time, there sounds (Although I might be imagining it) like a clicking sound (1-2 seconds) then the car is fine, and drives fine. Although I haven't driven the car that much to know really if it's good or bad, the engine seems to rattle like nobodies business :)

The lights remain on until the ignition is turned off.

I've carries out an ECU reset, but no change?

Initially thought it may be my new wheels/tyres, but I've been out in it a couple of times since them being fitted and had not noticed it before.

Anybody any ideas?

Fed up now (Wish I'd never bothered with the car:( )

Not much of a help, I know, but I changed all 8 pads on mine this weekend and when I took it out to try them out both lights came on for me. I drove it home quite upset, read through the manual, didn't find anything which was relevant so went outside started her up and the lights were gone. Not come on since (apart from when I turn ESP off!).

There are a few things in the manual that can cause it apparently, have a look and see if any of them might point to some work you've done recently. I'm sure it's nothing major. It'll be worth it once you get it sorted.

Thanks guys for the help so far.

I've disconnected the battery and taken it for a spin -still happened

As soon as I've left the drive, say 10 metres the car kind of come under some resistance, as if the rear diff is locking up a little, the slip light flashes on and off a few times, whilst the car is in a kind of limp mode and then once both lights are on the car seems to be ok and normal. obviously with the exception of both lights on.

Not wanting to give too much away with what I've fitted :teeth: but I'm wondering know if it is the wheels and tyres. As the steering wheel and foot pedals (And even the plenum spacer I've fitted shouldn't cause this)

Am I safe to fit the stock wheels on the rear to see if it clears, or do I need to fit all stock wheels.

The reason for the drive up to the North East is to get the geometry and ride height set up with the new wheels on.

It's going to rain on Thursday too, and being a relatively new driver to the car I'm abit worried without no traction control.

Just read the manual and it says you may hear a clunking noise, which I hear.

It also mentions not to change brakes and suspension, but I've had no problems with my new items on stock wheels.

down in the dumps...and car's still not finished..only 2 weeks to go :(

Ok, think I might know what it is...

Done some reading and lots and lots of things effect the VDC (EPS to us in the UK) and slip lights.

One of them being the Steering wheel sensor. Having just removed the steering wheel and spinal cord/combination switch, it looks like I've turned the spinal cord too many times perhaps??

I'll have to strip everything down tomorrow and hope I haven't broken anything, and hope I can reset the B**er. Don't know how I'm going to do that though, could take quite some time I would think, to move then try and then move and try again..

Would be helpful If I had Nissan Can bus software to check the angles.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Craig (Still fed up though)

Well I've just spent 2 1/2 hours trying to adjust the spinal cord/combination switch and I've finally got it working properly (IFingers crossed).

A battery reset finally got it working as I had it set up correctly but it was still coming on, must have had it in memory or someting.

Thanks for the help guys.

Something to bear in mind too when changing your steering wheel -- DONT MOVE THE COMBINATION SWITCH/SPIRAL CORD :teeth:

Something to bear in mind too when changing your steering wheel -- DONT MOVE THE COMBINATION SWITCH/SPIRAL CORD :teeth:

Yes its a common problem. I took mine off to get it recoloured and I read in the how to guide that you have to be careful not to rotate it too much and make sure its in its original posiiton when fitting the wheel! Didnt know what it upset, just it upset something!

Does this mean you now have a spare wheel? :ninja:

Well I've just spent 2 1/2 hours trying to adjust the spinal cord/combination switch and I've finally got it working properly (IFingers crossed).

A battery reset finally got it working as I had it set up correctly but it was still coming on, must have had it in memory or someting.

Thanks for the help guys.

Probably a combination of the two put it right. Although me thinks you should of left the battery disconnected for longer and the system would of discharge completely!!!

As for worrying about the tc, you will never need it as long as your gentle and light footed ;)

Probably a combination of the two put it right. Although me thinks you should of left the battery disconnected for longer and the system would of discharge completely!!!

Pushing the brake after disconnecting the battery is a good way to get any last juice out of the system. Worked for me when removing the steering wheel airbag :thumbs:

As for worrying about the tc, you will never need it as long as your gentle and light footed ;)

I've had the car 5 months, but only driven it half a dozen times, everything is new on it and I'm about to do a 140mile trip in it, was just a little apprehensive thats all, not really used to rear wheel drive cars yet -- had AWD for 9 years :teeth:

I've had the car 5 months, but only driven it half a dozen times, everything is new on it and I'm about to do a 140mile trip in it, was just a little apprehensive thats all, not really used to rear wheel drive cars yet -- had AWD for 9 years :teeth:

Understandable pal considering you only drive her once a month!!! 140 mile trip will defiantly blow the cobwebs off. I'm presuming that’s going to be mainly motorway??? Track day or industrial car park would show you what she's capable of ;)

Understandable pal considering you only drive her once a month!!! 140 mile trip will defiantly blow the cobwebs off. I'm presuming that’s going to be mainly motorway??? Track day or industrial car park would show you what she's capable of ;)

Its also very predicatable when provoked and TC will stop you sticking it in a hedge now its working again :)