Bodykit shipping costs

Chesterfield

Hi,

Can anyone enlighten a novice in this area?

Im after a Greddy Kit, and can find no UK distributor of this kit. So I have a few questions.

1) How much should I be looking at for shipping from the US. Also, what taxes/duty percentages will I be in line for on their arival. (I take it the duty and tax is applied to the price of the goods, not goods + shipping cost)

2) Will the US one fit :blush: Probably a stupid question, but I want to be sure.

3) Any idea of approximate spraying and fitting costs?

Any advice gladly welcomed - Im hoping to get this little lot done before JAE.

Guest prescience

In reply to 1 - your assumption is incorrect

Duty at 3.5%-4.5% depending on classification is payable on the customs value of the goods (i.e. cost[x] PLUS shipping[y]) i.e. (x+y)*1.035 to (x+y)*1.045

VAT at 17.5% is payable on the customs value plus duty i.e. (x+y)*1.045*1.175 for 4.5% duty

Hmmm - why does that not surprise me. Our Governement taxing a shipping cost...:dry:

Oh well - at least the dollar rate is half decent right now.

Anyone shipped anything from The Z store or modacar ?

How much to shift a bodykit? if nobody knows. Ill try and give them a call when I get home and see if they can enlighten me.

You will be looking at around $500 to ship a body kit, Ish best guess ,

Ive also found you pay vat on your shipping costs (if its on the invoice )

If you add around 23% to the total cost you should end up with the total amount payable !!

Steve

Guest prescience

Fitting/spraying

Can't be more than 1/2 day or 4 hours to spray and then a day at most to fit.

1.5 days tops at say £50/hour - should be doable for £500 MAX

Like you say, this is guesswork cos I've never had it done myself either - and someone will probably come along and shoot it down

Fitting all depends on your bodyshop, and with kits as well there could be a lot of prep time that could bump the bill up !!

However if you stick with greddy ( and other big jap names ) and dont get copies, they will go straight on without any alteration ( my side skirts did )

For example my bodyshop charge £100 to paint a bumper

But there all different !!

Steve

I agree with Steve - 23% is the 'magic' number I use as top estimate; any less, its a bonus.

Oh and remember its 23% of the declared value on the invoice ( hint hint )

If you give it a reasonable value, customs should not question it ..

ANd dont even think about trying to declare it as a "gift" or "sample product" ...

Steve

Hi,

Can anyone enlighten a novice in this area?

Im after a Greddy Kit, and can find no UK distributor of this kit. So I have a few questions.

1) How much should I be looking at for shipping from the US. Also, what taxes/duty percentages will I be in line for on their arival. (I take it the duty and tax is applied to the price of the goods, not goods + shipping cost)

2) Will the US one fit :blush: Probably a stupid question, but I want to be sure.

3) Any idea of approximate spraying and fitting costs?

Any advice gladly welcomed - Im hoping to get this little lot done before JAE.

Have you tried Middlehurst??? Ask for Dave, he got mine :D

VESTITAS! can't he source them anymore? he was by far the cheapest source of greddy kits! :teeth:

I got charged £500 by Steve-B for doing my bodykit, and I helped him out, so i'd expect a bit more than that from a professional bodyshop

Unfortunatley no reply from vestitas, probably way too busy playing with the TVR (who can blame him).

I can source it from the US for about $950 plus shipping, but its the shipping and taxes that are the killer.

I will get it done, but the extra cost of shiping and import duties may mean putting it off another month or whenever the hell pay day comes round. LOL.

Yep - its the full kit. I notice that the rear bumper comes with a cover to mask off one of the exhaust cut outs (why anyone wants one Ill never know). If that is an optional extra Im not bothered about it, as Ill be sticking with the standard twin tailpipes.

Im guessing though that the cover is just shipped with the bumper and the end user then has the choice whether to use it or not.

Right, best price I can get is just shy of £1100 delivered. BUT (and there is always a but) it's going to take around a month for delivery......

If you do decide to go ahead with it I can speak to one of our guys about painting costs and get it sprayed before sending it to you (if you're confident fitting it yourself?) if you wanted.

Cheers

Joe