Import or uk model

mractive

Hi, and yes sorry another one of these questions.

Im looking to buy a 350z to use as a track car and general run around. i was going to wait till i was 25 which is in 4 months but thanks to this site iv found bell insurance whcih knocked over a grand off my insurance with my details as 24 so guess what, i dont wanna wait no more.

Ok, so now is the options of import or uk model. i ideally want to spend between 7-9 grand however i could stretch a few more at a massive push if the end product is worth the extra dollar, but would rather spend that on using the car on the track.

so in todays finacial climate is there a big difference in what i will get from one of the importers to what i can buy here? i obvioulsy want as high spec as possible for that price but i presume that goes without saying.

any recommendations on importers to look at would be nice, iv seen bonzai website but by the sounds of things i might not see the car for a good few months after i expect to with them.

no real point in looking at imports, the price of uk cars has dropped, and the value of the yen gone up while the sterling has gone down. which means that its more expensive to import now and the difference in price makes it a no brainer and yu get a uk car.

as for the budget, you might struggle to find one under £10k they are there but it is right at the bottom of the range. so be more aware of cat C, D and other crash damage or poor maintance.

yer there r some very reasonably priced ones about. and its only going to get cheaper with all these job bloddy job losses. well, it seems il have to put in a few extra hours to get it then.

cool il continue browsing, is there any no no's i should look out for in terms of model selection. iv never used or been in a tiptronic car, might be a stupid question but is it basically an automatic with paddle overrides so u can drop gears ect id prefer a manual if this is the case.

i might stretch to 11-12k see if i can pick up an 06, if i have to wait i will but i doubt prices will take to long to drop.

i was looking at bonzai cars they have one or two cars that r in the 8 and 9 bracket already over here or on there way. im sure there going to have to take offers seen as every dock around them in southampton is ram jam full of cars.

r the cars from bonzai legit like, r they a good company

http://www.bonsaicars.com/Cars/model_index.php?mid=1

i was looking at bonzai cars they have one or two cars that r in the 8 and 9 bracket already over here or on there way. im sure there going to have to take offers seen as every dock around them in southampton is ram jam full of cars.

Mixed reviews......

They advertise cheap cars but somehow that car is never available when you contact them...

alot of complaints about shipping and getting it through the tests but if the cars are already here as they say shouldnt that remove this problem?

so is there a specific company u would recommend to get me a track day car for a reasonable price. i dont mind waiting a bit aslong as its worth the wait.

There isn't really a specific company, no. I would find a couple in your price range and contact the owner and find out more about it. Then fire up any specific questions here and we will help where we can.