Tyres, spacers, rubbing, badges

manc350z

Haha

Now that's a broad subject.

Right opinions sought -

I have a uk gt with rays .. i have done 13k miles and the tyres are toasted... time for new ones.. I have seen all sorts of opinions on what are good and what are not so i would value some more :) yes i have read lots of posts but managed to get overloaded with info so wanted to start my own thread and collect the answers this way... sorry if you have all seen / written or answered similar threads before.....

I find the bridgestones cr4p in the wet and OK in the dry, i want to replace all 4 but not sure what with for the best all round fit. I hear good stuff about Falkens and pirelli's but i had bad issues with lifespan of a set of pirellis on a z3mcoupe.. they lasted 6k miles as opposed to 18 out of the replacement michelins i fitted... they were grippy but way too soft... so who's replaced their std gt tyres and what with also what are your opinions ~vs@ stock re040 bridges ?

Spacers - OK i want spacers.. eibach hubcebtrics appear to be the weapon of choice.. again i have read other posts and am coming to the conclusion i want 20mm front and 25mm rears.. as long as i don't lower it i should be OK and not get rubbing issues at the back appers to be the concensus ?? any advance on that ?? Also... i see most people state that no adjustment is needed to tracking.. am i correct with this assumption ?

Badges... i want rid of the burgers... if i buy carbon badges do they come with the adhesive or do i need to buy something else ??

Removing nissan burgers - Is this easy, do i just heat them up with a hairdryer and they will peal off ?

Who to buy from ? - Ok.. want to buy replacement badges and spacers from one of the forum suppliers... and maybe even tyres if there is one "up north round Manc" / "or Midlands around Brum" that can supply and fit tyres + spacers ? any recommendations ?

Any help / advice / offers of items appreciated.

:)

amended your post, it said 225mm on the rears :scare:

nissan burgers dead easy to remove. As you said hair dryer a some patience. Get them from JDM Performance, Ebay or Courtesyparts

Camskill is very good for tyres and used by many members

Spacers - OK i want spacers.. eibach hubcebtrics appear to be the weapon of choice.. again i have read other posts and am coming to the conclusion i want 20mm front and 225mm rears.. as long as i don't lower it i should be OK and not get rubbing issues at the back appers to be the concensus ?? any advance on that ?? Also... i see most people state that no adjustment is needed to tracking.. am i correct with this assumption ?

Hi, spacers:

20mm front and 25mm rear, perfect if you never plan to lower you car - £205.00 delivered

20mm front and 20mm rear, perfect if you plan on lowering your car in the future - £200.00 delivered.

The above options are suitable for the RAYS wheels… :thumbs: And currently, both combos are in stock... :)

amended your post, it said 225mm on the rears :scare:

nissan burgers dead easy to remove. As you said hair dryer a some patience. Get them from JDM Performance, Ebay or Courtesyparts

Camskill is very good for tyres and used by many members

Whoa.. a 225mm spacer would be quite some piece of kit !!!!!

Thanks mate.. speed typing and not checking my work as usual !!! :blush:

as said so many times before, tyres are a personal preference, horses for courses, no matter how many people you get post on here there won't be a unanimous decision on what to use.

me personally, i will be putting vredestein ssantas on all four corners when the stones run out. other options on here are your toyos and falkens.

to put in simple terms you gets what you pays for (quote from popeye)

ultra high performance tyres

-Michelin Pilot sports

-vredestein ssantas

-bridgestone re040's and 50's

midrange/budget

-toyo proxies t1r

-falkens 452

cheap crap

- nankang

- marshall

these are just a few your UHP tyres will cost the most and strike a balance between wear, stiffness, grip lifespan and tyre noise, the firther you go down the more the differences vary, some have better dry grip but are a softer compound and wear out quicker etc.

me personally wouldn't stick anything other than UHP tyres on the ZED. midrange and budgets are good, but they are not as progressive as the UHP the grip is great until the point that they let go. but it all depends on how hard you drive the car. if you drive the car on the edge all the time and like totrack a car, or just want that piece of mind then get UHP if your a sporadic blatter and tend to blip the throttle on the straights and the occassional energetic drive, then save your money and get the midrange. if you have a death wish and want to turn your car into a ditch finding missle then fit the cheap crap ones.

hope that helps. just my view, and i'm sure others will agree and disagree. same as has been said in all the other tyre posted threads ;)

If you want 225mm spacers :lol: chopshop know a man who can :lol:

Continental tyres aint cheap, but they have a hard wearing compound, so could work out cheaper in the long run and are amazing in the dry and wet weather.

Z badges- there is a member on this forum that sells them on ebay. He lives in Worcester. He can also supply the ali vent trims as well.

Right then..

Thanks guys for the info, it's appreciated !

Decision made.. gone for a bit easy life on the tyres though.. considered going bridgey pot's re050's but decided better the devil you know....

Ordered same as stock bridgey pots re040's again.. whilst i hate the wet weather performance i like dry weather ability.. they'll only last me 12k so will be replaced again in 8mths ish when i will most likely go with conti's.

Ordered 20mm front and 25mm rear spacers off CS, not intending to lower the car so happy with that... Waiting for CS to restock his stubby ariels and will get one of those too.

Also ordered myself some OEM nissan floormats off ebay for 59 delivered, seemed like a reasonable deal to me.

Once these bits are done i am going to look at some engine mods... i want some more power so this might get pricey due to the 350's ability to cancel out mods !!..

Before that though i need a service, a proper valet and some nice weather ! :lol: