is the extra cost worth it?

elecious

the cost between an 03-05 GT and an 06+ GT is looking to be around an extra £800 for me just on extra insurance and tax, then there is also the extra price cost of a more recent vehicle, just wondering if the uprated engine and interior are worth it?

Still haven't decided what to buy yet, get a real bargain GT maybe an 04 or 05 for a lot less than my budget or get an on Budget 06

what do you lot think?

get an early 53 plate and save loads of cash or get an 06.......no point buying an 05/55 plate for slightly cheaper than an 06 IMO............

Unless it's azure blue and mine :D I personally went for a 55 plate because it has the highest torque output out of all three models and is nice and new but avoids the £400 tax :wacko: Plus I was put off by the "oil consumption" issues I've heard about with the mark 2 (296bhp) model, although very rare it would still be at the back of my mind after having spent a lot of money buying the car. So my choice was down to either a late 276 model or the newest 309bhp model. But I decided to save the dosh (and get an azure blue which the new model doesnt come in) and go for the mark 1.. very happy with it.

get an early 53 plate and save loads of cash or get an 06.......no point buying an 05/55 plate for slightly cheaper than an 06 IMO............

Unless it's azure blue and mine :D I personally went for a 55 plate because it has the highest torque output out of all three models and is nice and new but avoids the £400 tax :wacko: Plus I was put off by the "oil consumption" issues I've heard about with the mark 2 (296bhp) model, although very rare it would still be at the back of my mind after having spent a lot of money buying the car. So my choice was down to either a late 276 model or the newest 309bhp model. But I decided to save the dosh (and get an azure blue which the new model doesnt come in) and go for the mark 1.. very happy with it.

But there is still no benefit of a 55 plate over a 53 plate, which is what i said ;)