Steering is really hard to turn!??

jpaero

My car at the minute when your going slow or breaking, when you turn the wheel its hard as hell, its as if the car isn't turned on and the lock is on. Any one ever had this problem. Sorry if i didn't explain it very well, just back from the gym and wrecked lol

take the lid off the fluid, start the car and turn slowly to full lock and hold for a few seconds, then the opposite way and repeat this a few times

also check the belt tension is ok, if this does nothing then its possibly the pump u/s they have been known to die on the zed :headhurt:

pump much to repair? Only back from the nissan garage gettin a window motor fitted

depends on what damaged inside, seals etc, you could try zmanalex he might have one spare ;)

GIXXERUK.....Chears mate and yes I do :thumbs:

jpaero.......Give me a shout if you are unfortunate enough to require a pas pump mate. I have a preowned one available. :)

Try changing the fluid first - might be worth a stab, when my power steering oil cooler was leaking last week there was loads of crap in the fluid, you'll have to take the bumper off though to get to the pipes.

Bleeding or cleaning out the oil cooler will not solve your issues mate but I did not want to flame the posters who suggested this to you.

A trip to the Dealers for them to supply and fit a pas pump will be crazy money mate and really is unnecesary.

I can talk you or a mate through the pump replacement or I can send you over a how to. It is not rocket science and the job is certainly doable as a diy.

Remember I also have a spare pump available. :thumbs:

Cheers,

Alex.

try bleedin it and done nothing, think it is the pump. Only had the car as wel and its one thing after another. Think it may be another trip to teh nissan garage to ge them to fix it

Bleeding or cleaning out the oil cooler will not solve your issues mate but I did not want to flame the posters who suggested this to you.

A trip to the Dealers for them to supply and fit a pas pump will be crazy money mate and really is unnecesary.

I can talk you or a mate through the pump replacement or I can send you over a how to. It is not rocket science and the job is certainly doable as a diy.

Cheers,

Alex.

try bleedin it and done nothing, think it is the pump. Only had the car as wel and its one thing after another. Think it may be another trip to teh nissan garage to ge them to fix it

Agreed alex although bleeding was not meant to be a cure, just a step towards diagnosis, plus bleeding the air allows you to check the level and condition of the fluid

i was 99% sure it was a pas pump fault but considering its an expensive part, 99% isn't good enough and bleeding is free and easy :thumbs:

anyhoo a happy ending all round :teeth:

gonna see if the warranty will cover it, i only have a limited amount on the warranty left though lol How much you do the pump for? Yeah you could send me it over

Any decent warranty should cover this as it is a mechanical failure. :thumbs: Watch that they don't hit you for a financial contribution for wear and tear. :surrender:

Cheers,

Alex.

Agreed alex although bleeding was not meant to be a cure, just a step towards diagnosis, plus bleeding the air allows you to check the level and condition of the fluid

i was 99% sure it was a pas pump fault but considering its an expensive part, 99% isn't good enough and bleeding is free and easy :thumbs:

anyhoo a happy ending all round :teeth:

Yeah I know mate :) and process of elimination is always best. :thumbs:

Hopefully warranty will pick up the tab. :)

gonna see if the warranty will cover it, i only have a limited amount on the warranty left though lol How much you do the pump for? Yeah you could send me it over

Any decent warranty should cover this as it is a mechanical failure. :thumbs: Watch that they don't hit you for a financial contribution for wear and tear. :surrender:

decent and warranty aren't words you hear together very often :headhurt: