**** ALUMINIUM AIR VENT TRIMS NOT STICKING PROPERLY?****

RICHIERICH

Hi,

I purchased some aluminium trims for central air vents, a while ago and found they were not sticking properly, they were coming adrift. They were secured with 3m stuff. i cleaned and removed it all and applied some industrial strength double sided tape which is incredibly sticky. I thought it did the job, then next day they had come adrift again in the bottom corners. Anyway long story cut short :teeth: Does any1 know what could be used? dont wanna use any glues/araldite etc... as it will be ruined when i come to sell it or remove them :teeth: Cheers peeps.

as it will be ruined when i come to sell it or remove them :teeth: Cheers peeps.

Why would you want to remove them and or remove them when you sell it?

Think it helps to slightly bend them first to the contour of the dash. But i dont know what people have used to stick them down with. :)

I have these and found they stuck OK. Most probably depends what was on the dash in the first place. Most dash treaments leave behind a silicone based protection which plays havoc with adhesives. The only way to clean thoroughly before application is by using an isopropyl alcohol based wipe ( usually found in some pre injection wipes ). Hard to get hold of now as Pharmicists have been benned from selling it in a bottle. CD cleaner is usually same stuff. Worth a try.