Want to get the most from my zed!

jpaero

Still new to the mod side of things on these cars. So far my car has OEM intake kit, fujitsubo exhaust system, Apexi SAFC and mapped. What would be the next best mods to put on the car. On a budget as well i may add. Have been looking at plenum spacer kit, intercooler etc. Thought i would ask first. Any ideas?

Hi mate.

Plenty of info on here about mods but personally Id say the plenum spacer is a must if your talking engine mods. As well as hi flow cats!

Oh and get a popcharger intake on there too. Doubt it will do much for performance but it sounds and looks great ;)

I would go for intake and plenum spacer. Pleunum requires no tuning as it just redistributes the air more evenly. Intake will allow the engine to breath more and coupled with the exhaust and SAFC should unlock a tiny bit more power but not a lot.

Have you had it dynoed before and after the SAFC tune? How much did the SAFC cost? Havent heard much about them before.

Chilli Red have plenum spacers in stock, you may need to remap again thought..

Dont get an interfooler unless your going F/I no point really.

Suspension and brakes is another way to get more out of the car... Its not all about getting 0-60 in the fastest time... If you havnt got the suspension tweeked and set up properly you wont be getting the most out of your car...

Oh and a day at CAT driver training will give you more out of your current car than anything else, apart for FI!!

Most important, whats the budget and are you going to do the mods yourself?

my car is only running at 260bhp and i think 237 whp. So need it up a good bit hence why i need mods lol Would price would that all be and were is the best place to get it. Tried looking through all the threads

Oh and a day at CAT driver training will give you more out of your current car than anything else, apart for FI!!

With out a doubt the best thing to get more out of a car is driver training. Unless you are the Stig, there is always more you can learn, and until you can truely take the Zed to the limits (to the limits, not past!) training will always gain you the most bang for buck. Once you can handle the car on the limits, then look to move them :thumbs:

my car is only running at 260bhp and i think 237 whp. So need it up a good bit hence why i need mods lol Would price would that all be and were is the best place to get it. Tried looking through all the threads

Think you need to work out realistically what your expecting.... After the previous posts about power increase I think you need to work out your expectations...

If its cause on a road (pointless racing :wacko: ) that your getting beaten in a straight line by other cars? Or is it just cause you have a magical BHP number in mind? Lots of old hats on here will tell you how hard it is to make major improvements to what the car has already, and you will never know the true numbers of the car until you take the engine out and get it on a crank dyno...

If its cause your getting beaten in a straight line, learn to drive the car and get on a track with it... Have been on tracks where 200bhp cars are easily beating 400bhp cars getting past in the bends and going in and out of them.... Just cause you got 300bhp in a car dosnt mean you can use it...

its not about the drivin thats not it. I don't race in the car. I just like knowing its there and have a hobbie of modding the cars i own. Hope this explains things better

I would go for the plenum spacer and hi flows then the remap to start.. Then look at the suspension (I take it you have stock?) Just my opinion!

looks like that was a great meet! Some really nice cars their and good turn out. I would love to but geting my car on and off the boat to over here was bad enough lol. Kit on the car makes it really low to the ground so its a nightmare. Have to watch where i go as i can't go over some speed bumps haha

I would go for the plenum spacer and hi flows then the remap to start.. Then look at the suspension (I take it you have stock?) Just my opinion!

Where would be the best place to get these mate for a decent price?

Where would be the best place to get these mate for a decent price?

Drop Chilli Red a PM, they are part of Envy Performance and they had the plenum spacers on the shelf when I was there on Sunday :thumbs: