So I wonder who bought these then? Pimped or what!

NWZ

Chris, if you need some seats, I will have some cloth ones available, hopefully at the beginning of April. I am in Crawley and they are yours for some beer tokens if you want them.

That would be brill mate, just about the time I'd have the money to get the retrim done. Where I recoloured the leather on my seats its wearing though to the Alezan on the drivers side :surrender:

Just need to find a good retrimmer who doesnt charge the earth ;)

Chris, if you need some seats, I will have some cloth ones available, hopefully at the beginning of April. I am in Crawley and they are yours for some beer tokens if you want them.

That would be brill mate, just about the time I'd have the money to get the retrim done. Where I recoloured the leather on my seats its wearing though to the Alezan on the drivers side :surrender:

Just need to find a good retrimmer who doesnt charge the earth ;)

It is hard yes, I have got the feelers out around the Surrey/Sussex area to try and find someone decent as I need a few bits done as well! D-Class in Woking are very good but on the pricey side from what I have heard. You get what you pay for though I suppose!

I shall pencil your name on the cloth seats then. If you change your mind or don't want them it's no problem as they will just be put in storage along with all my other spare Z bits! :lol:

IT WAS ME!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

I bought these, but as a project. I'm going to turn these into those seats that you can use on the Playstations ect with a racing wheel. Should bee a good project. Only thiing is im to collect them from Boston, about 480miles away. Have to do it in the Polo as the seats wont go in the 350z boot. :headhurt:

Stripping the colour is a hard job to do. But all you have to do is take off the protective layer with out damaging the skin. This then allows you to stain whatever colour you want. Wont give the exact colour you want first time but repeat 2-3 times and will look perfect. Just get really good dye. Best asking an Antiquarime Book Binder for advise on staining before you go ahead. Pay them enough they might even do it for you.

What about getting them sent via courier? I sent some seats out to a member on here on a pallet and cost me about £60 iirc.

Yeah could do, but to be honest just a good excuse to see a few pals that live in north England. We all went to college together and agreed to meet up once i collect the seats.

What about getting them sent via courier? I sent some seats out to a member on here on a pallet and cost me about £60 iirc.

Yeah could do, but to be honest just a good excuse to see a few pals that live in north England. We all went to college together and agreed to meet up once i collect the seats.

Sound like a good plan! :thumbs:

Stripping the colour is a hard job to do. But all you have to do is take off the protective layer with out damaging the skin. This then allows you to stain whatever colour you want. Wont give the exact colour you want first time but repeat 2-3 times and will look perfect. Just get really good dye. Best asking an Antiquarime Book Binder for advise on staining before you go ahead. Pay them enough they might even do it for you.

Have you done it before? I did it on my seats and now its wearing back through to the original colour. The stuff I used wasnt hard wearing enough for a daily driver. Guess it will be ok for PlayStation type seats, but if you want them in the car I would get a proper retrim which is what I am now going to get. :surrender:

Have you done it before? I did it on my seats and now its wearing back through to the original colour. The stuff I used wasnt hard wearing enough for a daily driver. Guess it will be ok for PlayStation type seats, but if you want them in the car I would get a proper retrim which is what I am now going to get. :surrender:

I've not done it myself, but my Dad use to do stuff like this all the time, so he will be helping me do it. More concerened about the wiring for the seats as i wasnt the heated and electric motors to work, Bit over kill for Playstation but should be good. Just trying to find a cheap transformer/inverter that goes 240v a.c. - 12v d.c.

I've not done it myself, but my Dad use to do stuff like this all the time, so he will be helping me do it. More concerened about the wiring for the seats as i wasnt the heated and electric motors to work, Bit over kill for Playstation but should be good. Just trying to find a cheap transformer/inverter that goes 240v a.c. - 12v d.c.

Be good to see how you get on :thumbs:

Like I say, mine wore through in high wear areas (drivers bolsters) and had to re-do them twice now.

Wiring up the seat shouldnt be hard, splicing a 12v feed to them is easy enough. Having a heated PlaystationSeat is a bit over kill though :p:lol:

As I said in the original post on these.... where are the electric adjusters????

I don't see them? I see two manual seats......

Am I blind?

Sorry bud, I never looked at them properly. They look to be manual to me too. Looks like an adjuster bar on the passenger one at the front, I assume thats where it is on the manual ones? And what looks like a back rest adjuster on the drivers one which is electric on the proper ones.

I thought that they were manual too, but i asked the guy and he told me they are electric, I wont be very impressed if they are not since i'm driving nearly 500 miles there and again back.

I'll keep you updated to say if there electric or not. Think when i arrive i should offer him less if there not electric like advertised, or is £50 still a great price for the seats?

I don't think they are electric.

manual

DSC00483.jpg

350Z_L_F.jpg

ag_08350z_frtseat.jpg

Electric

seat_415x311.jpg

FrontSeats.jpg

You can't see it properly but there is no 'cut away' for the adjusters. I can also see clearly manual adjustment on the ebay ones.

No idea! The GT pack included heated electric seats but no idea what was an option in Japan.

There will be plugs underneath which might have made them think they are electric. I think they are for the airbag though.

I'd love to be proved wrong on this though!

Could it not just be the wires for the airbag? Maybe they think they are heated as there are wires? Or maybe they are heated I guess if it was a JDM option. Definately dont look like the GT leccy seats though!

picked up the seats.

Not heated, guy had no idea what he was on about. Traced the cables infront of him and one set of cables was for the airbags and the other for the seatbelt sensor.

They were not as bright as in the photo or as clean, spent the most of the day just cleaning the muck of the leather. But now that i've done that they look alright. Might not change the colour. now going to build a frame for the playstaion wheel. :wacko: