Squealing Brakes

Zee

Hey Guys

I had new Discs and Pads fitted last week and over the weekend i washed my car paying particular attention to the alloys using a lot of water to get them clean.

Now i've noticed that when braking the brakes Squeal but this only happens under very slow speed, usually under 10mph.

Should i take the car back and get them checked out or are they still damp from washing it?

tia :)

If you used a pressure washer etc it might also be a case of washing off part of the copper grease whilst you were cleaning your wheels, you may need to take the pads out and apply copper grease again, this could remedy the squeal… :thumbs:

Just re-read the OP post and you might be right. Would have thought it would take a bit of effort to blast out the copper grease though :scare:

Did this happen since they were fitted or only since they were washed?

Typical, I booked it into the garage this afternoon to be looked at on Thursday and when i drove home from work this afternoon the brakes are no longer squealing! Ha Ha its like they know!!:lol:

Maybe they were still damp from the uber wash session? :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,had my zed for about a week and my rear brakes have started squeaking.They are brembos and it's a VERY annoying pulsating squeak.The squeaking disappears when i pull handbrake up/normally brake.I've taken the pads out(half worn ish) and copper greased between the metal plate and the back of the pad side.It did nothing.Any suggestions?? Any help most welcome.PS car has only done 8k miles.

Hi guys,had my zed for about a week and my rear brakes have started squeaking.They are brembos and it's a VERY annoying pulsating squeak.The squeaking disappears when i pull handbrake up/normally brake.I've taken the pads out(half worn ish) and copper greased between the metal plate and the back of the pad side.It did nothing.Any suggestions?? Any help most welcome.PS car has only done 8k miles.

whats the condition of the discs. If they are quite worn they can begin to make a squeal if there is a considerable lip

whats the condition of the discs. If they are quite worn they can begin to make a squeal if there is a considerable lip

The discs are like new.Typically the noise has stopped since i moaned about it but i have ordered a set of red stuff brake pads to hopefully stop it from coming back.