Alpine iDA 100 and 305 differences

wayniebear

Hi Wayne,

Are you talking about the IDA 301?

If so the 305 has a full colour screen and 4x50 watt.

The 301 has only got 1 PreOut and will not work with an I Phone and only 4x45 watt.

I have just had the 305 fitted in my car with the new Parrot 400BT bluetooth.

Just driven back to Monaco from the UK on Saturday and used the radio, i pod and the bluetooth phone coupled to my Blackberry Storm and very impressed, all is operated from the head unit and all displays are put up on the screen of the headunit :)

Will post some pics shortly

Yep a nice part of the world to work in.

The X 100 is the older unit, spec is very similar to the X 305.

The X 100 you have to use the KCE-300BT bluetooth and I had been told there have been a few issues with the 300BT and the way it worked. The 400BT is much better and alot of shops do not have it yet (not available till end of March-ish) but I managed to get one and it works very well.

Will post pics of mine working tomorrow.

If you are using an iPhone I would recommend the X305. Its designed to be used with the iPhone where as the X100 isn't. Some people have said they got it working but others have said they didn't. Officially it does not support the iPhone.

The X305 shouldn't be £200 more than a X100 - its normally around the £260-£280 mark depending on the retailer. The X100 normally hovered around the £200 mark with some ex-demo ones being around for the £170ish mark.

OK guys thanks for the info. Just ordered a 305 for £259. Now just gotta get out the bose head unit. Someone told me you have to "un-marry" it from the ecu otherwise it's useless and cant be re used? is that right?

I had no problems with Bose removal but my Z is US spec.

Use the Alpine to Bose wiring adaptors they just plug straight in.