Alarm not working

nothingz

Hi,

I got a 07 zed, however i believe the stock alarm does not work at all on my car.

I dont have any other alarm in the car, its is just the original stock as i can see the siren behind the spare wheel.

When i lock the car by pressing the lock button on nissan key, there is NO BEEP, the red LED on the dashboard does NOT flash at all after waited for a minute.

I tried sitting in the car, locked the car again. waited for 30 second, then start moving & shaking inside the car......nothing happens.

How do I activate the alarm? Is there something wrong?

Many thanks and any help is appreciated.

It will be covered under the warranty as it’s such a young car, does it have a service pack with the car, any documentation of where the car was originally purchased, it might have a sticker on the rear window and even on the numberplates…

You can also take it to any Nissan dealer as they should entertain the issue… :thumbs:

so do you think there is a problem as well in my alarm?

are there any other way to make it sound? I remember in my old toad Ai606 from my previous car, i can press & hold the unlock button and it will turn into panic mode which the alarm will kick off.

Anything equivalent in the zed?

Random thought, how old is the battery in your remote??? I'd try that before going into the dealer. ;)

remote central locking wouldn't work if that was the problem ;)

Lol, no more speed reading at the end of the day for me when I'm tired. :lol:

took it to dealer today, they said there was fault in the alarm module. need to wait for few days to get the parts in. so will be fixed under waranty. sweet!

Good to hear they've hopefully located the problem. ;)

I actually facing another problem at this moment. I was looking to get a spare key as the car only came with one.

So i bought an uncut key fob off ebay, and got it cut in an local locksmith. All fine.

Now i can unlock the car with the original fob, and insert the new spare key, but it can only turn from LOCK to ON, and cannot start the engine. This must due to the engine immobiliser.

I followed all the methods in http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15966 on how to program the keyfob, but the procedure does not work on my 07, there are no flash lights nor any clicking sounds.

I tried to trick the igition by placing my original key near the keyhole, and turn with my spare key. Now the igition motor will start but it cannot fire the engine.

Does anyone know anymore details regarding the factory alarm system? It seems the key must be coded in some way. Anyone has any info to it?

If you have the "key code" you should be able to code it to your car with just that. Although Nissan, like Fiat (who are extremely bad), seem to be very naughty and hang on to the key code so only they can code the car. With any brand new car its the customer's right to demand the key code in case they lose their key. Every single car I have ever owned always comes with a key code (long string of characters, sometimes in white writing on a strip of black plastic).

Anyway if you haven't got the code you can take it down to any nissan dealer and for a very small fee (should be small because you already have the key) and they will program it to the car. Will only be the cost of half hour labour at the very most. Getting mine done tomorrow actually.