New member here!!!

G'day all!

How are we all??

Im Oli as the name suggests, im a 25 yr old from the norwich area and im about to buy my first 350z!!

All it took was 24 hr test drive in an 06 model and im hooked!!!

what a chassis! i was very impressed and the lovely burbly v6 is a delight!

all im waitng for is my xjr to sell thenm im straight onto finding an '05 in blue!

Just a couple of questions to any who can answer, is there much difference in the engine with the extra 20ps???

Also has anyone had any experience in mapping the ecu ??

anyway that wasnt too painful!

I shall look forward to chattin to you all

Oli

:welcome:

I haven't driven the GT4 or the 06 model with the extra 20PS but some say there is quite a bit of difference.

For the ECU, afaik, noone in the UK has ever remapped our ECU, hence why quite a few owners are going for the UTEC (see my signature for the thread talking about this)

Hi and welcome,

I have a GT4, (see below), with the 300PS engine. I test drove an 05 car before getting mine and I didn't notice any difference. I did only have the car for a few hours though and then had to wait a couple of months for mine.

One guy I spoke to with a GT4 had an 03 for a couple of years and he says the difference is noticeable. He described they new engine as more willing to rev and a little more low down grunt.

Overall I don't believe the difference is significant though.

Good luck with your search.

Hey lads,

thanx for the speedy repiles amd for making me feel welcome !

I shall definatly keep you posted on the hunt for the blue beast!

well I better go and sort out my N2 unit, as im actually offshore at the moment and its nearly time to rig up!

catch ya all later

Oli

aye you were right Liam! it did take a bit less than 24 hrs in the car for me to realise it is superb, but it would have been 24 secs if i had got into it on my favourite road!

unfortunatly it was 29 minutes and 36 seconds from where i picked it up to my fave road!!

and i drove it down the route 3 times for good measure with tthe tail sliding proogressivly ut i was in drift heaven!!

i need to stop talkin about it im gettin withdrawal symptons and i dont even own it yet!!

lol!

oli