Modifying your car and extended Nissan warranty

matth76

Hi

I am right in assuming all modifications, even an exhaust (even a Nismo exhaust) and air filter will invalidate a Nissan extended warranty? Suppose I'll have to wait 2 years before I start modifying my car (certainly before a remap is considered) :( Although there is PLENTY of power in stock form.. I guess I am just addicted to modding my cars. My last golf vr6 was making around 200bhp on the rolling road. Lots of money spent on it but you never see it back when you sell it unfortunately - but it certainly gave a smile on your face!

Thanks for any info.

Cheers

Mine is under wtee and I have made a couple of changes....

Nissan have to prove that the parts that you put on your car are responsable for the failure.... So you can make the upgrades.

If you happen to get a remap they will know, if you get a piggyback they wont.

Before you make any mods, as I mentioned in the other post I would get a dyno then fit a plenum spacer and maybe zorst, then get a dyno, then fit a CAI and hi-flow cats (and perhaps the headers but they can be costly to fit and dont do that much depending on who you speak to) then get a finaly dyno before the piggyback to see what your gains are... Then get the piggyback to tie it all together.

Again back to wtee dont think anyone that has bought decent parts has had any issues caused by the mods apart from the odd CEL light thrown by the hiflows...

Also just so your aware, depending on how they are fitted, the ECU can over ride the piggyback and your back to stock!