hey guys!!

hey guys! :bounce:

jus thought id introduce myself, im Erol, 22years old from stoke-on-trent and i currently own a BMW 328i coupe :blush: which im trying to get rid of so i can save properly for my beloved 'Z' :wub: . well done if u currently got one by the way! :thumbs: jus a few questions i need to ask though: :yawn:

is their anythin i need to luk out for wen test driving etc?

does anyone know if they're much more expensive to run and maintain compared to my 2.8 24v 328i BMW?

do they need to be run on optimax/super unleaded like mine?

oh, and wot are the average servicing costs? :)

any answers would be greatly appreciated.

cheers guys!

erol :teeth:

1-is there anything i need to look out for when test driving etc?

2-does anyone know if they're much more expensive to run and maintain compared to my 2.8 24v 328i BMW?

3-do they need to be run on optimax/super unleaded like mine?

4-oh, and what are the average servicing costs? :)

:welcome:

1- not really, but some model years (early ones) might have more niggles than later ones, if they haven't been sorted by the previous owner.

2-wouldn't think so, MPG might be a little worse probably, but not by much

3-yes, but you can run UL95 if you accept losing some HP

4-not much lots depends on where in Uk you are, the more up north the cheaper they are. Avg P1 is ~£100ish avg P2 ~£130ish and P3 is the most expensive with about £200 ish . these are NW prices roughly

Welcome Erol.

Loads of new members today. Great news.

I'm in Derbshire BTW so just down the road from you.

Nothing special to look for, just the usual. remember to check tyres as they are expensive.

I'd say cheaper than a Beamer as parts and servicing should be cheaper. As for costs, ussually between £100 and £200 dependant on the service. Iterval is 9,000 or annually.

It needs to run on Optimax like most Japanese Performance Car.

Good Luck with your search.

Guest prescience

Yup :welcome: Great to see so many new people joining and posting

Service costs will be MUCH cheaper than BMW

Keep the window UP during the test drive - otherwise the decison will be 2 easy :p

cheers guys! thanx for advice. oh and sorry digsy im used 2 txtin al time :D

i got 1st test drive on sat at 1:00pm. cant wait!! :yahoo:

its a blue gt, o4 plate. got black leather though :dry: id prefer the tan leather interior. but its jus a test to see how they drive. got a lil more savin to do yet :rant:. i was gonna send the link so you lot could have a luk but i cant do it. oh well :surrender:

will keep u lot informed though :)

y have i gotta keep the window up? please excuse me ifs its a really obvious reason :bangin:

cheers erol! :D

I think Dorian is referring to being able to listen to the engine etc.. Wth window down you will love the sound of the exhaust boucing off the buildings etc. but won't be easily be able to hear the engine.

cheers guys! thanx for advice. oh and sorry digsy im used 2 txtin al time :D

Take no notice m8t, some members must be showing their age :p

:welcome: Erol.

No kidding! Takes me 20 mins to write a text. :blush: I could have fired up the Zed, driven there and had an old fashioned conversation in the time it takes me to get anywhere with texting.

Just surprised I'm doing so well with this interweb mullarkey! B)

Don't u mean :p:p:p

No kiddin! Tks me 20 mins 2 rite a txt. :blush: I cud ov fired up the Zed, driven dere an ad a old fashioned conversation in the time it tks me 2 get newere with txtin.

Jst surprised I'm doin so well with dis interweb mullarkey! B)

now now! ill hav no fightin on my posts :starwars::D

i tuk the zed out yesterday! :yahoo:

i was expecting alot out of it, bt it was even better than i thought! WOW! :thumbs: wot a car! i enjoy the sound of my 2.8 straight six bt the noise the beautiful zed makes is sumthin else!

i couldnt put ma foot down though it was a lil to wet :dry: bt i enjoyed maself al the same. do they hav traction control? i couldnt see it anywhere.

cheers! :thumbs:

HI,

Glad you enjoyed your test drive. Yes there is ESP, which is supposed to be more advanced than traction control. You can turn is off though. It tends to come in late though so does let the back end come out a little bit if you are to aggressive in the wet.

Any ideas when or if you are buying? If you need any further advice then don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers

K

hey! :bounce:

im definatly buyin one bt not quite yet. i gotta sell ma beemer 1st then save a lil. was really impressed though. i nearly signed for it there and then! :teeth:

is that your gt4?