New boots or resole her?

Ozz

My jdm sunset needs new rears. The fronts are ok but I doubt I'll get more than a few months out of them. I can't decide whether to run new tyres or change the standard alloys.

She's running standard non-Ray alloys which I quite like and 225/45/R18 fronts 245/45/R18 rears, potenza RE040 running brembos.

I love the bridgestones, I've had a number of RWD cars and the zed sticks to the road like no other. I normally run Toyos though so happy to go back to them.

Cheapest Toyos are £120/rear £100 front so to do the whole car with delivery/fitting I'm looking at £550.

Anyone know of any good deals on same size alloy/tyre packages? I can't go lower profile as live up a bumpy lane. Would I have to stretch to much more for a package? I'd like something deep dish and black...

I've emailed a few sellers on ebay about brembo fitment but never get responses and fed up of looking now.

Few good examples on eBay mate... may not be the best quality wheels (with regard to weight/longevity) but they do the trick. The prices listed will be with crap tyres like Nankangs though...

I got my 19's from these guys, with Falken 452's all round for £940 delivered. 18's were significantly cheaper - like in the 6's.

It took 6 weeks for them to arrive though - their customer service was crap.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/18-ALLOY-WHEELS-N ... 240%3A1318

Thats one of the guys I emailed as I really like those alloys. Odd tyre sizes though, I need to keep 45mil profile all round. Perhaps I'll try calling them, its a good price.

The upgrade would be a definite, I've had bad tyres on a RWD before and its not fun!

Thats one of the guys I emailed as I really like those alloys. Odd tyre sizes though, I need to keep 45mil profile all round. Perhaps I'll try calling them, its a good price.

The upgrade would be a definite, I've had bad tyres on a RWD before and its not fun!

Whatever they tell you the tyre sizes are you need - make sure you double check it... they tried to give me some ridiculous sizes for mine, and i had a right argument with them, honestly - sh!t customer service, but cant fault the product or the price.

Definitely get on the phone to them though - dont faff about with emails.

And dont skimp on the tyres... :thumbs:

My jdm sunset needs new rears. The fronts are ok but I doubt I'll get more than a few months out of them. I can't decide whether to run new tyres or change the standard alloys.

She's running standard non-Ray alloys which I quite like and 225/45/R18 fronts 245/45/R18 rears, potenza RE040 running brembos.

I love the bridgestones, I've had a number of RWD cars and the zed sticks to the road like no other. I normally run Toyos though so happy to go back to them.

Cheapest Toyos are £120/rear £100 front so to do the whole car with delivery/fitting I'm looking at £550.

Anyone know of any good deals on same size alloy/tyre packages? I can't go lower profile as live up a bumpy lane. Would I have to stretch to much more for a package? I'd like something deep dish and black...

I've emailed a few sellers on ebay about brembo fitment but never get responses and fed up of looking now.

I live up a bumpy lane and my dads got the 19" LMGT4'S with 245/35/19's front and 275/35/19 rears and doesnt have any problems, or is it that your worried that with 18's and a lower profile you wont clear the bumps?

The lane is about 250meters long with a *lot* of deep potholes (basically a farm track). I've had lower profile tyres on cars before and the ride has been terrible up the lane even at a crawl and there is the risk of damaging the alloys. Doesn't seem to cause a problem with the profile on the Zed.

Filling the potholes does happen occassionally but it doesn't last.