Help With Pioneer Head Install

whitey

Hello,

I am trying to fit a Pioneer FH-P80BT head unit into my 350z, i have puchased the ICT 29-674 adapter and the 29-007 so that the steering wheel remote still works.

Can enyone confirm that this is all i need as i can't find a definitive answer?

I understand that i need to ground the head unit because the standard radio earths through the chasis but i'm a little confused as to where, ie do i have to slice into a wire or just fasten one end of a wire to the head unit casing and then one to a metal surface?

The reason i ask this is the unit is dead, nothing at all, but i have plugged it in to another car and it works fine.

Also, can anyone confirm that with a 350z the yellow wire goes to yellow and the red goes to red on the pioneer wiring adapter?

Any advice will be greatly accepted

Steve

Yes, i think your right, when i put the multitester on the black and red terminals there's no voltage. if i earth it to the chasis then there 12v approx, which is why i thought that if i put a lead from the radio chasis to the car chasis then it should work.

Tried this to no avail.

Just spent all morning trying to sort, still no luck.

When i put the multitester on the yellow wire the voltage is very low ie 0.1v is this correct? i know this is the backup but it seems a bit low.

Should the radio power up with just the red and black connected?

Regards

Steve

Yes, i think your right, when i put the multitester on the black and red terminals there's no voltage. if i earth it to the chasis then there 12v approx, which is why i thought that if i put a lead from the radio chasis to the car chasis then it should work.

Tried this to no avail.

Just spent all morning trying to sort, still no luck.

When i put the multitester on the yellow wire the voltage is very low ie 0.1v is this correct? i know this is the backup but it seems a bit low.

Should the radio power up with just the red and black connected?

Regards

Steve

Hello all,

Still no joy with the head unit!

Because the black wire on my loom is not currently earthing do you think that i've got to splice into this wire and then earth it to the cars chasis?

There a number of questions about it on here but no definitive answer.

This should make the earth and positive feeds to the head unit ok. But i'm worried about trying it until someone can confirm.

Steve

You have to splice in an earth connection.

The standard head unit grounds it self to the chassis via the bolts on the casing. As a result you will find that the earth connection on the loom is actually not connected to anything.

If you plug in the aerial you might find that you get enough earth contact to power the unit up but its not recommended running it like that (I ran mine for a few months before realizing what was going on)

Hi,

I've the Avic900bt installed on mine and i've completely removed the BOSE amp and rewired all the OEM speakers back through the ISO loom. Works well except the tweeters but i can live with that until the rest of my gear arrives.

I've earthed mine directly from my ISO loom onto the bolt top left behind where the unti sits on the dash itself. I earthed the handbrake identifier to so i can have it on when moving.

Defo need to upgrade to latest firmware 2.0 just incase you have yet to do yours... VERY IMPORTANT

Russ

Can somebody please make a full install guide for a AVIC 900BT?

I.E. all the wiring needed to fit it to a Zed WITH Bose and retaining the Steering wheel controls?

And ho to wire it up properly (grounding the unit; those spare wires without connectors on the steering wheel wire bit that goes on the ICT loom)

I know there are several threads, but most of them give only partial info for different issues.

Thanks