Need some help!

xStric9x

Hi all, as some of you know i have a laguna mk11 which i use for work.

Anyhow last night on the way to work i got about 200 yards from my house when the engine management light started flashing and the car went into judder mode and i mean the whole car :surrender:

it does this till about 3k revs and then smoothes out but with hardly any power, needless to say i turned around and swapped cars.

Was just wondering before i fork out a bit of cash to stick it on the diagnostic system if any of you could suggest what may be wrong and what to look at?

Its a 1.8 petrol :thumbs:

May not answer to this thread straight away as i'm off to bed after my night shift.

Thanks all :thumbs:

I am no mechanical expert but it could be a number of things but Lagunas have been known to overfuel from cold causing flooding and therefore plug contamination would cause all your aforementioned symptoms. The higher revs and temperatures would burn off the unburnt fuel.

Could be any thing tho.

Alex.

Wow that was a quick fix Mike! Where did you take it to?

Local garage bud, the guy new what car it was as soon as i described the symptoms.

He came out fiddled around and said he was 100% certain it was the coils, i asked him for a price and was a bit shocked (£40 quid a coil and i needed 2 and £40 quid labour :surrender: )

So i popped to rowlings in town and paid £44 quid for 2 and fitted them myself :thumbs:

Took me about 3 mins to fit :wacko:

Wow that was a quick fix Mike! Where did you take it to?

Local garage bud, the guy new what car it was as soon as i described the symptoms.

He came out fiddled around and said he was 100% certain it was the coils, i asked him for a price and was a bit shocked (£40 quid a coil and i needed 2 and £40 quid labour :surrender: )

So i popped to rowlings in town and paid £44 quid for 2 and fitted them myself :thumbs:

Took me about 3 mins to fit :wacko:

Good effort Mike! :thumbs:

£76 in the pocket!