traction / ESP/ mill light problem

daveg7362

Hi my name is Dave,

I'm new to this so please excuse my mistakes.

I have just brought an 04 silver 350Z GT drove it 40mile home no problems, later on I took it out to my local Halfords when my ESP/ Traction control light came on and the engine revs were limited to around 1500 and a car skidding light came on.

Being new to the Z I pulled over and started pressing the ESP button after a short time problem gone but my engine light (mill) was on.

I thought it would go off after a few miles but its still on. I have done around 5 miles since...

I understand that if the ESP sees that front or rear wheels are going different speeds it will come on. the road was not that slippy though.

I might have stated a few things wrong but i hope you get the gist!!!!

anyone out there could shed some light on this problem please.

Thanks for reading Dave G

I couldn't wait to get home to see if I had any replies.

So Thank you.

I find my Z bit strange, being a new car, so my driving is a bit on the cautious side. would any one have any ideas why the skid symbol came on, and wouldn't let me rev over 1500 revs.

the road wasn't very slippy could it be something simple like a dirty wheel sensor?

Silly Question, regarding the ECU reset, should I do a diagnostic check to see if there is a fault, if there is, i suppose it will come back?

Sorry for being long winded

If you have an OBDII reader then it would be good to hook it up. My guess is that a sensor related to TC/ESP/ABS has gone a bit mad. ZMANALEX will no doubt be along in a mo to give some better diagnosis, he knows a lot more than me about the car :thumbs:

You may as well do the check before you reset the ECU. Just manually read the code and see if it tells you anything. Then after the flashing has finished you can just reset it in the same sequence by holding the pedal down for another 10 seconds. Switch the car off and the MIL should be gone when you next start it up.

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... =ecu+reset

Post number 10 is what you want to follow.

Follow the link I dropped in my post, post number 10 and it even has a link to all the codes. You could then give searching this forum for the code a go and see what comes up. Or just add the code onto this thread of yours and I'm sure you will get some help.

Here's the link for the codes - http://www.my350z.com/forum/forced-indu ... codes.html

Hope that helps!

Just to keep you guys who bothered reading my post up to speed.

Took my Z to Westons performance center they have a code reader. The fault was accelerator pedal sensor which was the fault. So my engines not going to blow up thank goodness. still better to be safe then sorry.

Just to keep you guys who bothered reading my post up to speed.

Took my Z to Westons performance center they have a code reader. The fault was accelerator pedal sensor which was the fault. So my engines not going to blow up thank goodness. still better to be safe then sorry.

don't know if this might help

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10881