ICE system and known bose skipping issues

hotrain69

hello guy, the zed i'm so excited about getting is this one:

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/ww ... gLetter=07

i havne't actually seen the car yet, hopefully in about a week or so. i've just been reading about the known issues regarding the bose system skipping. in the advert, it says that it has a full bose upgrade stereo but then there is the alpine unit put in with the audiobahn subs. am i right in saying that the 6 cd changer is still there? and would i expect to have any skipping issues with it? if so will i be able to get it changed by nissan, like i've read forum members doing?

also how will i be able to test whether the bose system is skipping when i collect the car?

sorry if these are silly questions.

Seems like a lot of money as its not a 309bhp, has 21000 miles. IMHO you are paying a lot for the upgraded Ice.

yes, i agree i'm probably paying a little bit too much, but then i'm notvery techie so putting the stuff in will cost me alot anyway and i probably wont know what i'm doing. so i'm trying to make myself happy with that view.

can anyone answer the question about the skipping system though?

Although the headunit has been changed it appears that the Bose speakers and subwoofer are still retained from the GT pack, maybe that’s why it’s been included in the advert…

Have you been to view the car yet… :thumbs:

I’d get all these questions down on paper and then call the dealer, as per a previous post, he’s quoted the RAYS as being the upgraded wheels, when on this year the RAYS came as standard… :thumbs:

The problems with the bose systems skipping comes from the head unit and it appears this has been removed and replaced by the Alpine double din.

As for the cd changer this is integral to the bose headunit as you just feed the cd's into it and as i mentioned earlier appears to be replaced with the alpine double din.

With an install like this its hard to work out what Bose stereo is left as if the bose amp is being used it would be to power the standard component speakers and i would have thought that these would have been upgraded with the money that has been spent on the subs, amp and headunit.

Hope this helps

The problems with the bose systems skipping comes from the head unit and it appears this has been removed and replaced by the Alpine double din.

As for the cd changer this is integral to the bose headunit as you just feed the cd's into it and as i mentioned earlier appears to be replaced with the alpine double din.

With an install like this its hard to work out what Bose stereo is left as if the bose amp is being used it would be to power the standard component speakers and i would have thought that these would have been upgraded with the money that has been spent on the subs, amp and headunit.

Hope this helps

that is exactly help thank you. i think i understand it a bit more now. just to clarify then, you think that the 6 cd changer is no longer there and there will be just a single cd slot with the alpine unit? thanks