And so I'm here @ Paintshield Grantham...full bonnet done!

Removed

being treated like royalty, getting my bumper redone free of charge as original (second attempt) installation wasn't that great, but mainly after 2 years!

Great facilities, I've taken quite a few pics, will post once I get home.

Tom is second to none with regards to Customer Service, and is also treating me to the VERY FIRST full bonnet installation of Paintshield! :teeth::teeth::teeth:

we already have them! it's just that Tom didnt have the time to "officially" sort it, but now it is :teeth:

10% off all installed parts @ the HQ here in Grantham

15% off film only parts

:teeth:

Good get me a price for full front end, with full bonnet! :thumbs:

As then when I get it resprayed, I'll know how much :D

we already have them! it's just that Tom didnt have the time to "officially" sort it, but now it is :teeth:

10% off all installed parts @ the HQ here in Grantham

15% off film only parts

:teeth:

Spill the beans-how much!!

right listen to this guys:

full bonnet+bumper+ wing ends+rear view mirrors INSTALLED @ Grantham

£630 PLUS VAT installed!

if you want them to get to your dealer it'll be £702+ VAT installed

these are already discounted prices.

I'd say bloody awesome! B)

Guest prescience

Sh*te that's what I paid for part bumper only plus other bits as above on armourfend :angry::angry::p:teeth:

installed Jacko?

Yeah mate, would be installed. I'd want it done right....

So that price you've given would be want I would want. Quick question though, the wing ends..... they go up the front wings and end where?

Just need to save up first for a front end respray then, thats the risky bit.... getting a good body shop that can match the paint exactly, as i'm a bit picky like that, it will have to be perfect!

sorry minel, i don't understand. If the paintshield adds some kind of layer, then how can the zymol/zaino affect the paint? it must only react with the "layer" - and do we know what effect that has?

has anyone proof that you can still wax away? i know you know your beans minel but are you sure?

cheers

paranoid android :)

I've had the front bumper paintshielded (albeit in sub perfect installation form, hence all this re-installation) for 2 years and have always waxed the film as if it was the bumper without it on. Also, actually Paintshield specifically recommends to wax it as normal. Only care you need to take is where the edges are, simply to avoid build-up of wax which yu can still clean with an old soft toothbrush anyway :)

Guest prescience
simply to avoid build-up of wax which yu can still clean with an old soft toothbrush anyway :)

Ahhh, good tip there mate, will use that one myself :D

HI Just want to clarify a couple of points firstly the installation problems were caused by an independent dealer who is no longer with us :) and we felt it was appropriate that we swap this for VAL having seen it at JAE last year.

We do thousands of cars a year and we tell all customers to wax the film as they would the car:)

Lastly you should not get a wax build up if you wax as we suggest if you do use an old shaving brush in preference to a toothbrush (softer bristles) :)

Cheers

Tom

Lastly you should not get a wax build up if you wax as we suggest if you do use an old shaving brush in preference to a toothbrush (softer bristles) :)

Cheers

Tom

oooh shaving brush, didn't think they still existed mate :teeth:

I did try and wax it towards the outer edges (no not my new installation, no worries ;) ) but the wax will invariably end up building up a little, unless you completely ignore the edge areas of the parts covered by the film :)

PS will do a nice report Tom, have th pics ready but they are @ home and I'm not :(

added Tom's pic of my car, my pics are @ home and I won't be until the weekend :(

to update you on the install, everything is holding up nicely and even when washed it WITH WATER yesterday @ the Pod, I had to point it out to people as it is really basically invisible! :yahoo: