A far better option to Nissan Oxford and a bit of a rant!!!

neil2185

For anyone living near oxford take your zed to The Witney Motor Company. Located in Witney funnily enough!

Run buy two guys that could have quite easily ripped me off on occasions but didnt! They only charge £50 an hour labour and actually seem to care about what they do and look proud when I have said how impressed I have been. Just get a feel they actually give a sh*t about the quality of the work!

On to price, a P1 service with my supplying my own oil and filter! £40 yes £40 I was shocked, if I didnt know them I would suspect poor quality work! Just under an hours work, which seems about right when you think how hard it is to do an oil change!

Nissan oxford on the other hand wanted £210 for the P1 and told me my own oil would wipe out my warrantly! I couldnt help but let out a little laugh when they said they wanted that much for an oil change!

I could have walked over the motor park to toyota and had it does for £99, so still getting people used to working on Jap cars, but at the end of the day how hard is an oil change! When will main dealers get the idea that people have the internet and a phone these days and will shop around!

So I will go and take my £100 I have saved and not spend it anywhere near a nissan dealers service counter!

Right rant over!

Yea it is , its on station lane. Like you say the stamp pays for itself! And if you buy the oil yourself which you would have to do anyway for a change, it only costs £40 which is well worth it, gets the book stamped and stops your drive getting covered in oil :lol:

So swarfmonkey are you based around Witney, what sorta zed do you have?

Yea it is , its on station lane. Like you say the stamp pays for itself! And if you buy the oil yourself which you would have to do anyway for a change, it only costs £40 which is well worth it, gets the book stamped and stops your drive getting covered in oil :lol:

So swarfmonkey are you based around Witney, what sorta zed do you have?

I'm in Carterton, not too far from Witney. Here's my toy although it won't have that reg for long. It's the gunmetal (primer) grey capital of England in Carterton, I've seen another '54, a 55 and 2 '56's plus a 04 JDM sunset.

Got any favourite routes round here? The twisty bit between Eynsham and Stanton Harcourt is fun. Especially when it's damp and greasy. There's a funny light that appears on the dash whenever I'm round there.

Ah I used to live in Shilton Park before moving, it may be short but the road between Curbridge and Brize is good fun, your right about the Eynsham and Stanton Harcourt road. Also Charlbury to Chipping Norton is full of sharp bends! :teeth:

How are you finding Zed ownership then! I have seen a few Zeds knocking around Witney and one in Brize, all GM for some reason! not to be different mine is a 55 plate GM roadster!

I will give you a flash of the lights if I see you about....