Folding wing mirror stuck

neodc

Hi, my folding wing mirrors have always worked up to today, but my passenger side one closes half way now and gives up, i can push it in the rest of the way, and then it opens all the way, but never closes. Could something be stuck in its mechinism ? I cant hear any clicking like its trying to go further, i think its just gives up, maybe it thinks its at the end of its move.

Any ideas fellas ?

Thanks

DAVE

i have never dismantled the mirrors on the Zed, but i am guessing that in the cabin in the corner of the window, (other side of the mirror) there should be a panel that should "ping off" may have screws, can't remember off hand.

under there should be the fixings for the mirror assembly that attatch it to the car.

should be able to unscrew and remove.

probably have to under 1 o2 connectors for the electrics of it.

after that i think you should be able to see inside. if not you may need to treat it like a rubiks cube and dismantle it as you go.

i suggest you take a photo diary as you do it. then you can post up a how to when your finished ;)

I think the motor mechanism will be in the mirror body and a static gear inside the bracket that mounts to the body - hence just concentrate on the mirror body?

From memory there are a couple of screws underneath the mirror - start with those first ?

Good luck - I think I will be doing the same thiing this weekend if I get time but a photo guide would be really useful to us? :thumbs: