Building a custom exhaust

S1 HNK

I am thinking about having a custom exhaust built for the Zed, its a place in macclesfield called J P Exhausts Ltd, they have just done one for my mates e92 m3 which is on their website, really good bunch of guys, happy to tailor it so its just right for you. He tried a few different versions until he found the noise / volume he wanted. Great quality and good prices too!

I love the Nismo noise but cant afford one so any tips of how the Nismo is put together to try and copy the system?

Cheers in advance

:thumbs:

Ey up bud.

JP's are who i was referring to in this thread - not saying anything in particular, thats just who i was gonna go to.

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... highlight=

I've had a few mates go there and they build some quality kit. Its about half a mile from my house so i can go down and ask some questions if you want?

But my thoughts were the same - surely an off the shelf, 350z specific exhaust would be better as its already been tailored to the zed and tested...?

Hiya mate,

How you doin?

Yeah i thought you lived pretty close to these guys, i have been down before but never comitted last time.

I take your point about an off the shelf exhaust but to be honest the only one which competes on price is the scorpion and i dont like the tailpipes.

Yeh no doing bad bud. Would rather be at home watching christmas TV buy hey.

So how much was your mates full system for his M3 from there?

My mate had a cat back for his Rover(!) last year and that was £350, but thats only 1 pipe obviously...

I'm not sure if i should post up the price mate, the only reason they did him a good deal because they had his car for a week whilst they developed a system for the car with the aim to then be able to resell it to other m3 owners.

It was very reasonable and far far far cheaper than any other aftermarket exhausts available for the m3.

It sounds awesome too, we'll have to meet up there mate, maybe get a special price (2 for 1) :teeth:

I'm not sure if i should post up the price mate, the only reason they did him a good deal because they had his car for a week whilst they developed a system for the car with the aim to then be able to resell it to other m3 owners.

It was very reasonable and far far far cheaper than any other aftermarket exhausts available for the m3.

It sounds awesome too, we'll have to meet up there mate, maybe get a special price (2 for 1) :teeth:

Hmmm, i'll lend them my car then when i go on holiday :lol:

Unfortunately, i've got about £750 of mods to do before my exhaust, so unless they can do me one for 200quid i cant justify it till later in the year... :cry: