Procharger Anyone?

TDI

Hi there,

Has anyone used the Procharger with higher than the recommended boost pressure?

We have a customer that has one installed who wants the engine/ecu/fuelling etc upgraded but also wants to raise the boost pressure from around 7psi up to 15 psi.

I'm concerned about the supercharger reliability :dry:

Any information or experiences will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Mark :)

Guest prescience

You should advise him to search on my350z.com

Certainly the anecdotal evidence is that ATi's Procharger is the least reliable FI solution in terms of blowing Z and G motors. This used to be GReddy TT way back when.

[Edit -> That was unfair, the issue was that you could not add timing retard with ATi out-the-box so provided you add some solution to do that e.g. J&S Safeguard or better yet, UTEC, there is no real reason why this should be still true - sorry :blush: it was the same timing issue with GReddy and was really down to people not knowing the kits well enough in the early days]

If the guy starts from here http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread. ... 45&page=16 you can see only 1 seems to be running at those boost levels (on a built motor)

This should reveal some useful stuff

http://www.my350z.com/forum/search.php? ... =40&page=6

I think the problem with the Procharger kit is the managment it used J&E safe guard. It is a realy bad system for the 350z better with a unichip or something similar.

Thank you very much for that - much appreciated :). Anything like that we can take care of, what I was mostly concerned about was the superchargers reliability at higher boost pressures. Procharger (ATI) say that it will be fine, but I prefer to place realism before optimism :)