Which Exhaust? Sizes? Loudness?

hawkie350z

My exhaust broke the other day but I have bodged it for the mean time by welding it back up. Want to buy a new aftermarket stainless steel one.

Like the style & sound of the Nismo but bit expensive for me. Was looking more around the £500 mark such as Mongoose, Magnex, Scorpion.

The thing really confusing me is the fact the pipes are such different sizes.

Scorpion = 63mm main pipe - 4" slash cut tail pipes

Mongoose = 76mm main Pipe - 4.5" slash cut tail pipes

Magnex = 76mm main Pipe - 4.5" slash cut tail pipes

Nismo = ?

Milltek = ?

Is bigger better, more airflow? I guess bigger pipe the louder the noise? Can anyone tell me the Nismo size as I think I will look at exhausts closest to the Nismo & I am also wanting to replace the Y Pipe really.

Looking at the deal with ESR for the last of their Scorpion exhaust but what put me off is trying to find a Y pipe that is 63mm at the end. Most seem to be 76mm? ARRRRGGHHHH :angry:

PLEASE HELP

im not in anyway saying this is the same with all of them however.

the bore at the end of the Y pipe does not necessarily mean that the centre section etc will or will not fit, i have tried k1/nismo/standard on standard and japspeed Y pipe and so far all have fit the gaskets/bolt holes that are needed.