No TMC on built in sat nav (2006 facelift)

edvh

I have a 2006 facelift gt with the nissan satnav. Works fine except I get no traffic info reception. The 'TMC' indicator below the GPS just stays greyed out. Settings are set to automatically select TMC provider.

Any thoughts?

Could it be the antenna is not connected, do I need a subscription to keep it working or has anybody else had this problem? If it could be the antenna how does this connect, through the BOSE unit or straight to the aerial in the boot? What connections should I check.

Any help appreciated.

Ed :)

PS I have only had the car for 2 weeks so I don't know its history

Hi,

I have 57 zed and get the TMC info. It is included free with my DVD and definitely works - TMC is green and get info like 'road ahead closed in 10 miles' etc. Then get an option to reroute :)

My TMC provider is also set to automatic. If you have the same map version maybe it is your area that is not covered. I notice that if I'm out in the sticks the TMC sometimes greys out. Maybe the case that it only covers large urban areas.

I'm off out now but will try and check my version and post up when I get back.

Oh, and welcome :teeth:

Thanks for the messages. Yes I am right in the sticks so that could be it, I have to travel round the M25 at Christmas so i will see if that picks it up. Only other thing I can think of is if the sat nav disk is not the right one for for TMC. Not sure I can be bothered to do the 3 hour round trip to drive to Southampton to go back to the dealer so may pop into Marshals in Cambridge at Christmas and see if they have any ideas (by all reports they are a very friendly bunch).

I can't work out what version of sat nav software I have, can you get the display to tell you somewhere in the menus? Disk is 2005 - 2006, blue with lots of codes but no obvious version number.

:wacko: