CD Changer

roy_watson

I'm due to pick up my imported 350z in 2 weeks time, as you can imagine i can barely wait!

The car has a single cd player (it has cd changer control written on it). Can i easily add a cd changer to the current setup or do you think i would be better off replacing the whole thing with an MP3 CD player?

I never took a CD with me when i checked over the car as i was more concerned with the body work/engine etc etc. Are the basic speakers any good or should i look to replace them at the same time?

Thanks for any help

since you have an aftermarket headunit, I'd say the easiest option is to add a CD changer, mind you your HU could be able to play MP3 files already?

Stock speakers are not great, but which ones will you have? have you got the sub behind the driver's seat?

Its not a brand new model, I read that its only the 06 model HU which plays MP3s?!?

The dealer said he would convert the radio for me as part of the deal so im assuming its a jap HU.

I never looked closely at the speakers, i dont think there is a woofer there. From what i remember there are just 2 fairly big main speakers behind each seat. I should have looked more closely!

Where does the CD changer sit as standard and might there be a ready made connecter at that location that i can just plug one into? If such a connector didnt exist i would probably just fit a new MP3 headunit into the dash.

Thanks again for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for taking so long to reply, i only just got my car today!!

here is the photo of the headunit. will it be easy enough to add a cd changer to this and if so which would you recommend? i'm not looking to spend a great deal on it.

thanks for any help.

never seen that unit before! IMO not a Nissan unit, as the ones I've seen on JDM are all looking the same as the UK ones... be them base or BOSE units...

what you'll have to do mate is to take it off and have a look at the connections in the rear of it :)