A Few Issues

instantkarma

1. Skipping CD's

2. Handbrake adjustment (doesn't hold car on hills)

3. Rear Gas Struts (can't hold weight)

are these fixable under warranty on a jap import?

doubt the gas struts are as it has a NISMO rear spoiler

or how much should I expect to pay my dealer for each fix?

any help much appreciated!

1. Skipping CD's

Common problem, try taking your cds out at night, this normally helps, something to do with the mosture in the air so im told !

2. Handbrake adjustment (doesn't hold car on hills)

You can adjust it yourself, pretty simple!, How bad is it ?

3. Rear Gas Struts (can't hold weight)

As you have a spoiler, another common problem, you can either remove the weight in the boot lid, or buy up-rated gas struts, ESR do these !

Hope this helps :thumbs:

skipping CDs should be fixed under warranty, and I'm sure the garage will adjust the handbrake for you under warrenty..

removing the counterweight didnt make much difference (I have nismo spoiler too) - but for some people it has and is worth trying before getting ESR struts.. there is a guide on forum somewhere just to make it foolproof!

skipping CDs should be fixed under warranty, and I'm sure the garage will adjust the handbrake for you under warrenty..

removing the counterweight didnt make much difference (I have nismo spoiler too) - but for some people it has and is worth trying before getting ESR struts.. there is a guide on forum somewhere just to make it foolproof!

it's in the guide section :teeth:

Skipping CDs can be a problem when actually nothing specifically wrong other than a design fault.

The way in which the read head and enclosure is designed make condensation a real problem on the Bose aka Clarion CD player.

In what I would call normal usage i.e. leaving CD in player and using from cold you get skipping it may actually be a condensation problem because of design.

What I've found is that different weather conditions can cause condensation build up to cause skipping. If you leave player without CDs of about 7-10 mins of car running then insert CD you may get no issue thereafter, not what i'd call normal service from a CD player in a car but possibly not worth paying for a CD replacement if out of warranty.

btw it doesn't seem to change with music tastes ;)

Thought I had seen Sarnie post up on this thread (perhaps it was a similar one) that there is no 3 year warranty on an import, but I'll mention that now.

And I tend to agree with Zummertor the 'skipping' CD issue does seem to be a design fault allowing the condenstation and no doubt why Nissan have never really owned up as that would be a total recall. No big deal as far as I concerned - the best music on the move is the sound the car makes. Only time I tend to use the CD's is on motorways and by then the condensation has dried away. :)