Need help importing from U.S.A.

Blacky

Ok peeps I am doing a deal with a guy on My350z.com for some lovely wheels.

I need some help or suggestions on the cheapest/easiest way of getting them over here.

They are 2nd hand so is there a way of avioding the dreaded import duty/vat thing.

I've just imported some new wheels.

I'm not sure who to suggest as they used a freight forwarder. Try UP as I know they offer a door to door service and reasonably priced.

It all boils down to whether you go air frieght or sea. Sea can take 2-3 weeks, air frieght 4-5 days.

I colleted mine from the air port to save costs BTW.

You could try the freight forwarder who sorted my wheels this end. This was www.afiman.co.uk

Hope this helps..

I heard it was a bit of the luck of the draw when it comes down to import duty and and vat. It's a question of customs picking a container and doing everything inside. Some you win, some you loose. Think mainly it's loose.

Ok peeps I am doing a deal with a guy on My350z.com for some lovely wheels.

I need some help or suggestions on the cheapest/easiest way of getting them over here.

They are 2nd hand so is there a way of avioding the dreaded import duty/vat thing.

May be worth having them shipped over still dirty, covered in brake dust, so they are obviously 'used' parts.

Thanks Kev

I will try the freight forwarder

The bloke I am getting them from is going to invoice me for half the price so should save abit on the duty etc.

Just got to hope everything goes ok.

no need to warn you about TRIPLE checking the guy out before sending him any money..... number of posts, member since, etc etc :) good luck and post pics once they get here! B)

in fact I'd get another member who's close to your seller to check them out for you first! someone should be able to help! B)