HELP Kenwood DNX7200 install problem - have got a pic ;-)

adammitch69

Evening guys,

Got a new Kenwood DNX7200 to replace my Bose (2006 model). Got a harness from the States to connect to the factory amp. Soldered all the wires together on a spare kenwood harness then plugged it all in. But nothing is happening - looks like no power - but re-fitted my Bose and it works fine.

Only problem is - if you look below my harness does not have the bits in red - so I have a spare plug leading from the car with no where to fit it. Looked online and it says its the steering controls.

harness.jpg

[/img]

Any ideas as to why it isnt working??????

The power wire harness is wired up properly. Another point is that I have a spare ground wire coming from the car.

I know this sounds like I dont know what I am doing - but always fitted my own gear and emailed the supplier constantly to make sure I got the right harness....although on the website it does say <2005 model - but he assured me it works with 2006.

Cheers

I just fitted my new stereo setup today, i also found that i needed to sort out my own earth for the hu, the wiring harness adaptor runs the earth wire up to a place in the block where the car loom has no wires!

Ran the earth back to the earthing block installed at the back for the amps. works a treat now.