MY06 - not got to drive it, YET!

AndyC

For those of you who noticed I said that I was gonna get a drive of the MY06 at the weekend and post some pics & views, I've not forgotten!! I was supposed to get there on Saturday but called the garage before I went down and they'd lent it out to a company for the weekend :thumbdown: , hopefully I'm gonna get a go this week/this weekend and I'll post my views then!!

no probs mate, a guy round the corner from me has an 06 too, he must be working for a dealer as he's got diferent nissans all the time, but he now seems to prefer the new silver 06 Z :) will have to go around and introduce myself ;)

Bet its the same one - the only dealer round here that seems to have one in is Stockport and its the Sales Manager's car, when I rang up they said it was a silver so bet its him. Get yourself round there mate and lets get a group discount organised!!! :teeth:

I know, its nice to live in dreamland even for a few minutes tho!!! :lol:
B) i would definatley do good deals for fellow members, so far now have done 20 new 06z's. now have my new company car 06 esibu gt with sat and tints, will post pics after weekend, so far clocked up 16 miles in a week. will be fitting clear reflectors soon. june gunna be z city here as 8 turning up next week. B) p.s every customer who enquires about a z i give one of the forum bus cards.

Aye, as mentioned here.....

Sweet Jacko, cheers for the tip :thumbs:

Just spoken to them and you're bang on, they'e got 1 in. Its a coupe which is what I'd be looking at anyway. Just booked my test drive for Saturday so I'll let you all know my thoughts next week, if I think on I'll take the camera and post some pics of those new lights!!!

:yahoo:

I've already sat in one a week back (sorry not had chance to detail what I thought :blush: ) and had a good look as Westway in Manchester had one in, but not in demo. Tbh, I wasn't that impressed in the differences..... but from what I remember.

Good:

Nice bits of leather on the door where arm rests.

Same:

All plastics on transmission tunnel/dash is exactly the same. Not better in quality.

Who cares:

Changed gear stick surround to a different style of silver

Air con dial surrounds are now silver.

Steering wheel buttons have wording on

Not sure if I like:

Front lights have little dimples on top, personal opinion is it looks a little cheap/aftermarket. They didn't look that different apart from that.

Rear LED lights look just ok in daytime, but bet they nice at night.

But that saying I would be interested to hear what you think Andy as to the differences in engine/performance.

But sure some of these things are personal preference.... :boxing:

But I did forget to mention the slidy drinks holder where the ashtray was :blush::)

Front lights have little dimples on top, personal opinion is it looks a little cheap/aftermarket. They didn't look that different apart from that.

How about the fact there is no halogen main beam, replaced by a much larger bi-xenon lamp? ;)

I know, its nice to live in dreamland even for a few minutes tho!!! :lol:
B) i would definatley do good deals for fellow members, so far now have done 20 new 06z's. now have my new company car 06 esibu gt with sat and tints, will post pics after weekend, so far clocked up 16 miles in a week. will be fitting clear reflectors soon. june gunna be z city here as 8 turning up next week. B) p.s every customer who enquires about a z i give one of the forum bus cards.

Are you at Rowstock then? I wouldn't mind having a decent drive in a Z. Being a scruffy 25yr old I've got the "you can't afford this so stop wasting my time" treatment from every dealer I've been to recently (apart from Audi Basingstoke, who had an excellent salesman). I got to drive a grand total of about 5 minutes when I took a MY06 out from Nissan Basingstoke. Drives me insane :rant:

Been on a test drive marathon the past month and the Z is the only car leaving me with the 'grin factor', I'd just like to take the darn thing out and along a dual carridgeway/motorway a little as I do a lot of motorway miles and want to be reasonably confident it's not going to drive me mad after a few months :p

How about the fact there is no halogen main beam, replaced by a much larger bi-xenon lamp? ;)

Yeah you are right, just that my observations were purely cosmetic as it was sat in the showroom. :p

I didn't get chance to gauge how effective this change was although I knew that they had chance to bi-Xenon..... but sure they will be better on the road.. at night. :D