Advance driving tuition - anyone had any?????

adammitch69

What do these days concentrate on / teach you would you say?

End result? Quite tempted..

It depends on what you're looking for as there are courses tailored to different needs.

I practised limit handling with Don Palmer at Millbrook Proving Ground and advanced road driving with Hugh Noblett.

The time with Don was spent doing things like practising lines, smoothness (car balance), vision, threshold braking, steering, etc all whilst going fairly rapidly (for me at least - when he got behind the wheel I was gobsmacked by how fast he could go in total confidence).

The road driving stuff with Hugh was spent practising the sort of stuff you'll find in the Roadcraft Police driver book. It helps you to keep a sensible pace up whilst increasing the safety of you and the others around you. Hazard perception / anticipation and subsequent altering of your position, speed, gear, etc.

I've done the CAT driver training, 1-2-1 with Colin at Milbrook and it was brilliant. Best £500 I've spent on the Zed. :D

However, my new tyres were knackered.... they were ripped to shreds doing the sub 180mph in the bowl, hard breaking burnt my discs out, good job the fire engine was there to cool them down !

So all in all cost me £600 for tyres, £800 for discs & pads and £500 for the course so let's call it £2k. :lol:

And if you believe that then this is the wrong type of course for you :lol: Seriously, you will be able to drive away with a little bit of chewing on the edges of the tyres after testing donuts with the ESP off :teeth:

Recommend Cat and Milbrook, adrenaline rush day :thumbs: