ABS TCS SLIP Lights lit up permanently on dash! Help !

Vertakill

Hello again, seems everytime I'm posting it's as a result of another damn problem. :)

Latest one is this:

When you start up the car some lights will come on and go off. Except as of recently, the ABS, TCS Off and SLIP lights are stuck on.

Now, I have ABS and I have Traction Control when I'm driving as I've tested this.

I've read the one other thread about this but it was quite a long time ago, and I didn't want to drag the topic back up.

The suggestions were to change the brake pads or top up the brake fluid. My fluid is up to the top, so I'm going try have a look at the pads tomorrow if I can't find anymore info about it.

As soon as this happened I pulled in and turned off the car for a few seconds and turned it back on. The lights were still on. I never turn TCS off and I haven't done doughnuts for about 5 months. I tried disconnecting the battery for 30 mins and the lights were on as soon as I started up the car.

They did disappear for a few hours after I had left the car for 2 days, but they came back on an hour later.

Anyone got any ideas or advice? Thanks.

Other thread on same topic: http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... s+tcs+slip

Edit:

Found another thread (vague thread title!):

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... s+tcs+slip

Hmm, tyres have not been changed recently and they're not even that old or worn. They're toyo proxy's.

Reason I reset ECU was to clear the codes but they didn't clear.

I'm going to get an OBDII scanner just to see, since I've any information that was useful to me anywhere. Any recommendations on the software/cable? Would be looking for a cheapish one to just find any hitches.

I actually might be able to help (!) as this was happening to me - well, kind of.

My rear tyres were shot, so spinning up in the wet meaning the traction control etc. would flash on, then stay on until I turned the ignition off. I took it in for a service as it was desperate for one.

Turns out my front brake pads where almost non existent and I needed new discs as well. As the traction control comes on, I believe it feathers the rear brakes. As my brake fluid was low, it was all diverted to the rear brakes making the light come on and stay on.

Now I'm not the most technical person in the world - so that explanation might not be the most accurate [people feel free to correct!]

Anyway - check your brake pads and then top up the brake fluid. Worked for me.

Spike