Ancilliary Belts Replacement/Pricing

dwj100uni

Hi Guys,

I have a 2003 JDM and I am getting a bit of a squeak on startup for the first minute or so while the engine is warming up. The cars on 40k miles.

I am thinking that maybe the ancilliary belts might be coming to the end of their life? Does this sound feasable as I believe the 350 does not have a timing belt, so would not be that?

If so, is the JDM and Uk car the same part no? Does anyone have this to hand and a price?

Thanks all,

David

Hi Guys,

I have a 2003 JDM and I am getting a bit of a squeak on startup for the first minute or so while the engine is warming up. The cars on 40k miles.

I am thinking that maybe the ancilliary belts might be coming to the end of their life? Does this sound feasable as I believe the 350 does not have a timing belt, so would not be that?

If so, is the JDM and Uk car the same part no? Does anyone have this to hand and a price?

Thanks all,

David

Hello,

:scare: A squeaking timing belt would be very bad on any car... But no the Z doesn't have a belt - it's chain driven.

As you say, the most likely source of the start-up squeek is one of the aux belts (probably the alternator belt, but always worth changing them both). The two belts are the same on all models JDM and UK, part numbers are 117204P102 (alternator belt) and 11920AG900 (a/c belt). Should cost around £35. Give you local nissan part store a call.

Also check out my how-to guide for swapping them over, in the guides section: click here.

Steve

• 1 year later...
Hi Guys,

Thanks all,

David

Hello,

:scare: A squeaking timing belt would be very bad on any car... But no the Z doesn't have a belt - it's chain driven.

As you say, the most likely source of the start-up squeek is one of the aux belts (probably the alternator belt, but always worth changing them both). The two belts are the same on all models JDM and UK, part numbers are 117204P102 (alternator belt) and 11920AG900 (a/c belt). Should cost around £35. Give you local nissan part store a call.

Also check out my how-to guide for swapping them over, in the guides section: click here.

Steve

thanks for the two part numbers! :thumbs: your linky to guide isnt working btw.

A. :bounce: